7 seater, Small engine??

Just a quick question, are there any nice looking 7 seater cars with small engines???? we need a 7 seater for our brood but my oh insurance is sky high on anything over a 1.2 we are obviosly willing to pay abit more but are desperate to find something in our price range!

thanks for looking :hihi:

Just a bit of a warning... a 1.2 engine may be too underpowered for a people carrier type, girlred... especially for a 7-seater.

And the straining of the engine will do it no good for wear and tear, nor for petrol consumption.

Think you'll be looking at a 1.6 minimum. As PT says, much less would be underpowered. I think the Zafira and Grand Scenic come in a 1.6 variant.

Zafira do a 1.6 petrol and a 1.9 deisel. I would choose the latter.

Grand scenic 1.5dci

Yep grand scenic 1.5dci. My friend has one of these and even though its only a small engine, it is still quite powerful and very nippy.

Just a quick question, are there any nice looking 7 seater cars with small engines???? we need a 7 seater for our brood but my oh insurance is sky high on anything over a 1.2 we are obviosly willing to pay abit more but are desperate to find something in our price range!

thanks for looking :hihi:

1.6 with 1.4 being the very minimum for a 7 seater. Otherwise as PT says it wont have enough power to do the job and will cause more wear and tear on the engine.

I have a 1.6 7 seater Scenic and when it has 7 in the car you can tell its not liking it very much.

Just a bit of a warning... a 1.2 engine may be too underpowered for a people carrier type, girlred... especially for a 7-seater.

And the straining of the engine will do it no good for wear and tear, nor for petrol consumption.

1.6 with 1.4 being the very minimum for a 7 seater. Otherwise as PT says it wont have enough power to do the job and will cause more wear and tear on the engine.

I have a 1.6 7 seater Scenic and when it has 7 in the car you can tell its not liking it very much.

My ex had a Fiat ("Fix It Again Tomorrow) Doblo, with a 1200 engine, and it was woefully bad. So underpowered it strained all the time, and it drank petrol like there was no tomorrow, it was thirsty as heck.

we have a citroen synergie 1.9 td,7 seater,good for kids and all the rear seats come out,turning it into a van,very handy,good on fuel,the insurance on this is cheaper than some cars we looked at,we did have a scenic,but found it under powered,had to boot it when full,using more petrol,,

My ex had a Fiat ("Fix It Again Tomorrow) Doblo, with a 1200 engine, and it was woefully bad. So underpowered it strained all the time, and it drank petrol like there was no tomorrow, it was thirsty as heck.

:hihi::hihi:

Never heard them called that before.

:hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

Never heard them called that before.

:hihi:

It certainly was true with that particular vehicle. It was one of those "Friday afternoon/ Monday morning" cars. (also known as a lemon).

There was a diaphragm in the fuel pump that kept perishing with monotonous regularity, resulting in fuel leaks, there was a gearbox issue, and goodness knows how many other faults. It was a wheeled trash-can. Strangely enough, my Bro-in-law had the 2.0l diesel version of the Doblo, and that one was a banging vehicle, it performed fantastically, not a jot of bother, no power issues, never leaked. Totally the opposite of the one ex had.