Slopdosh Bobbar & Ivan Crump

I never really met Mixmif. When I was with the Skurvey line-up Dave left for a while and the band seemed to fall apart. Justin joined for a while on guitar and didn't really fill Daves shoes although we had a few laughs. We tried to write but were very inexperienced. Justin went on to from "Bendy Future" and was the frontman/vocalist. I got back together with Tommy about 1997 with Chris Holland on lead guitar and we did some recording. Tommy left as did Chris and Chris formed "Sikorski" and later "Camper Dog" who did the pub rock circuit for a bit. I eventually joined "The Rubber Band" as lead guitar and vocals and we did The Deepend and the pub rock cover band circuit which included The Riverside and Trippets. I'm still on the lookout for another band although I don't get much time in between my Cert Ed and teaching guitar for the WEA. I get to the jam sessions at the Malin and the Springvale now and again though which can be a laugh. I have played there with Ian "Dog" Staves who was in a band called "Ready Rolled".

Nice to see folks talking about Slopdosh! I was the drummer (Mick) for a while back in around 1988-1991ish I think,

you was mick for a while?

The front man then didn't really exist it was more of a collective of like minded crazies who just liked to get together and jam a tune out. we all tried our best to model ourselves on characters from mad max two. I was "The toe cutter" and bleached half my hair blond on one side. As a biker I made quite a wierd sight to behold I spose.

yep, only for the purposes of drumming with slopdosh - I'm now called sharon and have bigger tits than jordon ;)

Mixmif - the man is a legend. Nice guy. He used to live just down the road from me when I was up at Gleadless. I have a photo somewhere of him - he would have been seventeen or eighteen at the time. He used to drop in to my flat from time to time.

to ALL the BOBBAR fans out there i have the facts you may sometimes be miss lead about.

the BOBBAR is still going strong in Sheffield. take a good wiff in the air while youre standing at the bus stop!!!!

from the days of ;

...THE GOOZEGOGGS

....DOOBREE FIRKIN & THE BATTERED FURBURGERS (NOt band)

....SLOPDOSH BOBBAR & IVAN CRUMP

....FANNY FLANNELS & HER CHOCOLATE STARFISH

....CARPAINTERS

I am the person who gave birth to ALL the above.

the latest venture is.....

BIG CHIEF HUMMING BOBBAR

soon to be heard on jane kitsons show raw talent on bbc radio sheffield.

and also soon to be released.....

TUNA PANTS THE SINGLES 1914 - 1964.

if its not in the shop when you ask for it demand to know why

gigs to be anounced

HAVE YOU GOT BOBBAR ON YOUR SHOES?????

I've just been having a few beers with Fanny Flannels.

:hihi::hihi:We used to share a practice room on baily street with slopdosh, i found their lyrics scattered around the room, very amusing specially the one about the dead granny!!!!:hihi::hihi:

remember them very well and saw them loads just a bummer I don't have the music anymore .. followed mick and the band for a few years while still living in Sheffield ... been trying to get in contact with some old mates and thought i'd try to get hold of Mr Smiff if only to catch up and see if I could get hold of some music ... I miss some of the old lads from that time (Charlie, Kenzie,dalton etc ... Good old days ... take two , porter house, hallamshire, .

Who could forget Ernest Jennings, dobermanns are puffs and budgie bill CLASSICS all of em , just wish I could hear them again ....still got the t-shirt tho mick lol

Mick if you read this PLEEZE get intouch ...

Russ

http://www.russconnor-thaiboxing.com

Edited by bigruss69
missed something out

Ah yes, Slopdosh were alright ... but they never had Paddy and Revver on spoons!

TBH I preferred The Deformed Tadpoles From Mars. Think I might still have a copy of their The Taddies Are B******s! EP knocking about somewhere ... got to be worth about tuppence ha'pny on EBay!

We used to share a practice room on baily street with slopdosh, i found their lyrics scattered around the room, very amusing specially the one about the dead granny!!!!

Phil Murray of 'rainy night in rotherham' fame? That takes me back. Think i had that on the same mix tape as 'I like making noisy noises' by Slopdosh.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

remember them very well and saw them loads just a bummer I don't have the music anymore .. followed mick and the band for a few years while still living in Sheffield ... been trying to get in contact with some old mates and thought i'd try to get hold of Mr Smiff if only to catch up and see if I could get hold of some music ... I miss some of the old lads from that time (Charlie, Kenzie,dalton etc ... Good old days ... take two , porter house, hallamshire, .

Who could forget Ernest Jennings, dobermanns are puffs and budgie bill CLASSICS all of em , just wish I could hear them again ....still got the t-shirt tho mick lol

Mick if you read this PLEEZE get intouch ...

Russ

http://www.russconnor-thaiboxing.com

he was last big cheif humming bobbar

http://www.myspace.com/big-chief-humming-bobbar

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/BIG-CHIEF-HUMMING-BOBBAR/295466650788

http://www.youtube.com/user/chiefhummingbobbar

The person claimin to know my dad so well; why are you even commenting personal information as to where he lives etc. Whether he lives where you say or doesnt.. if you are such good friends you know he would not post such personal information online!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 13-12-2016 at 17:06 ----------

Fair enough, Im only going on stories told to me by Mick. I do know the bloke, I havent seen him in a while. Used to use the same tattoo/piercing studio as him (Designer Skin, West Bar, now closed down)..Can even give you an address if you want to get in touch with him...he lives in Greenhill.

You are such a good friend to my dad!!! Why the hell post such personal information, whether he lives here or you got it wrong id beyond the point you will know if your so "close" when it comes to his personal life only people he can trust knows this information and obviously your not one of them!!!!