Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

thanks melthebell!

feel free to put it on your new site if you like!

:thumbsup:

if multiply does flv files, not tried videos yet, so dunno what formats it does tbh

*goes to look*

i have a few fcs slideshows too! it takes ages to upload them...several hours! so if you know any way of doing this quicker...?

also i think if you use this tag:

th_plaguedogsPAL.jpg

...it might embed a pic-link on the site to click. you might even be able to use the "embed" link, which makes a play button appear magically on your site!

hope this helps

:)

does anyone remember haze?

they were a progressive rock band from the late seventies/ early eighties.

in my yoof i was a fan! i still go to see them at the dove and rainbow. they haven't changed a bit!

here's a photo i took of them 20 years ago at the joiner's arms, southampton:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/people/paulmcmahonhazesheffield.jpg

:)

right just uploaded some late 80s thrash metal :D

Bastion (anybody remember them?)

ive upped 2 demos (hope they dont mind)

dead religion (1988) and blitzfreeze (1987)

anybody know anything about this band, i rememebr em...vaguely, have the demo, seen em, knew em but cant remember owt about em lol

anybody got a list of members??

i think they hung around with jim and holmesy etc

analogkid will know em :)

hi mel

no probs with you posting various vegetables stuff on your site - i will have to get you a couple of our better songs ripped though. i hate my valentine was never a favourite (although jody's xylophone solo was genius).

hi mel

no probs with you posting various vegetables stuff on your site - i will have to get you a couple of our better songs ripped though. i hate my valentine was never a favourite (although jody's xylophone solo was genius).

lo dude, cheers

trouble is that was the only track ive got :(

from a tape from middlesbrough

right just uploaded some late 80s thrash metal :D

Bastion (anybody remember them?)

ive upped 2 demos (hope they dont mind)

dead religion (1988) and blitzfreeze (1987)

anybody know anything about this band, i rememebr em...vaguely, have the demo, seen em, knew em but cant remember owt about em lol

anybody got a list of members??

i think they hung around with jim and holmesy etc

analogkid will know em :)

Cheers for that Mel, been waiting for you to upload some Bastion :)

Members were (can't remember full names):

Mason on guitar, Sean on bass and vocals and the drummer I can't remember. Masons brother Titch I seem to recall played with them now and then although not permanently.

I actually liked them a lot although they were looked down upon by the other bands within the scene and they didn't really maximise their potential. They were every bit as good as Amnesia who were probably their nearest rivals in the thrash scene (Amnesia got a record deal as well).

The funny thing is Bastion were around from about 85' so were there from the beginning and just about everyone in the thrash scene played with them at some point (most of GGF for example)

cheers dude

ill add some of that to my demo posts if you dont mind :)

yeah i liked em aswell, although moral justice stuck in my mind more due to me hanging around / living with mick mosh

and amnesia i saw a few times, and andy longley was a mate but ive never had anything by em :(

It was Andy Mason on guitar!! Knew I'd remember eventually :D

The Amnesia album was ok actually although they did sound like a poor mans Testament, unfortunately by the time it was recorded they'd booted andy longley out. I've got a copy of it on cd, bought it for a pound from Record Collector. I've seen it go on ebay on vinyl for £10!!!

by the way analog, just had an email from a bloke from denmark asking about bastion, he has the blitzfreze demo and found my multiply page on the net :)

so they travelled far musically :)

I'm off to the USA in October for three weeks filming then off to visit a nice man from 20th Century Fox when I get to LA. Maybe when its fdinished I can ger rare and racey to sell it for me? :D

Just wanted to share that with you folks :D

by the way analog, just had an email from a bloke from denmark asking about bastion, he has the blitzfreze demo and found my multiply page on the net :)

so they travelled far musically :)

Blimey...just shows you eh :headbang: