Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

hmmmm ive just found a nearly band song on a compilation lp i have

the comps called underground resistance vol 3

and also features thrilled skinny

i've got it too!

there were also at least three darnall music factory compilation l.p.'s of local bands in the late eighties, of various quality and total collectability!

:)

i've got it too!

there were also at least three darnall music factory compilation l.p.'s of local bands in the late eighties, of various quality and total collectability!

yeah but i aint likely to find those ones in charity shops up round here :D

yeah but i aint likely to find those ones in charity shops up round here :D

only 'cos they'll have chucked 'em out!

:hihi:

right ive just uploaded the corpse grinders - my hovercraft is full of eels demotape from 1989 if anybody remembers them?

looks like ive seen corpse grinders 7 times (according to my gig book :P)

If you're in Australia, then you'll be up and around for the graveyard shift!

:hihi: :hihi: yeh more than likely mate.when dose this radio station get up an running?

hi ya pete,like the artwork mate cool.yeh ive,d herd of f.s.s.i all so remember a band from sheff who was on the working mens club scene called 4 min warning.is that the same band that you where in.(reformed)that was 2006 be4 i came to ozzy land.

hi ya mell was one of those compalation albums called,(mono chrome)

hahahahahah niceone pete.nice to here that someone as still got a fresh memory.do you remember apes pigs an spacemen?

hi ya mell was one of those compalation albums called,(mono chrome)

i'm on that one!

either as "loony tunes" or "peter jones"

hahaha niceone ive got that album as well, as b,choir are on it as well.its bac in the uk tho.i dont no of the other albums.do you remember a band called turea,and headstrong.they supported b,choir at diff,venues one was at scandals headstong supported them an they were w decent band do ya no if these bands are still going.

I really enjoyed reading these posts, I may be a little off post as I left Sheffield in 1987 but played in a couple of punk/alternative bands in Sheffield in the late 70's/early 80's. Short circuit were a short lived group that played our first gig with the negatives at the broadfield - the happening at that gig were wel documented in "beats working for a living: - we had a local criminal colllecting money on the door - free for punks, 50p for locals and a pound for hippies and underage drinkers - all the money we made went to the bar to pay for the toilet someone smashed. Followed that with TSI-TSA, more in the bunnymen kind of genre and we played all the best venues - limit, Hallamshire, Sheffield Uni (with Com Sats) and various S*** holes such as Dinnington working mens club.

Always loved the music scene in Sheffield and made some great friends there over the years. My name is Michael Day or "Daisy" as I was most commonly known - would love to hear from anyone that remembers me or any of the bands of that time. Pete FCS I have a few MP3's of my bands if you want them and I have THL live at the Sheffield Lyceum and U2 live at the Lyceum recorded on my Sony Walkman!!

cool dude, always nice to hear from people who were in the bands

tbh ive never ehard of either of those bands...i dint start going out round town till about 1985 / 1986.

check out my site in my signature..........i know there earlier bands than my site is really about, but i do make exceptions for other not so well known bands and bands that never made it for 1 reason or another.

if you want me to add a section for your bands you can send us a few tracks, pics and any titbits of info about em (members, dates etc) and ill stick em up :)