Housing Benefit rant / advice needed if possible.

Rather than stress about all this and spend hours researching stuff online you should just put your energies into finding a job.

Youll be much happier not having to reply on idiots to pay your rent for you.

I'm looking mate!

I didn't understand the second sentence sorry.

I'm looking mate!

I didn't understand the second sentence sorry.

The benefits service.

They screw up everything. I was off work for a few months and they never paid the rent. Luckily i had a good landlord and he understood what ***** they are so he waited till i found work. I count myself lucky that he was so good about it as otherwise im certain id have been made homeless.

Good luck finding something soon mate.

Rather than stress about all this and spend hours researching stuff online you should just put your energies into finding a job.

Youll be much happier not having to reply on idiots to pay your rent for you.

http://www.geokey.de/literatur/doc/neo.pdf

Read that.

Then if you want to achieve full employment and increased productivity you'll know of the land and monetary reforms which would need to take place.

And understand why your comment above is naive.

http://www.geokey.de/literatur/doc/neo.pdf

Read that.

Then if you want to achieve full employment and increased productivity you'll know of the land and monetary reforms which would need to take place.

And understand why your comment above is naive.

Whats naive about encouraging someone to get a job and not rely on handouts?

If you rely on handouts you have little or no control over when and if your rent gets paid.

I take it you're jobless?

Long term maybe?

Whats naive about encouraging someone to get a job and not rely on handouts?

If you rely on handouts you have little or no control over when and if your rent gets paid.

I take it you're jobless?

Long term maybe?

Land monopoly and class society dictates the need for handouts, in order to allow the class society to exist.

Abolish the dole. Don't lament the people denied from realising the fruits of THEIR labour from playing the system.

The funny thing is, those people have the most to gain from abolishing the dole. Tis the current workers and landowners who have the most to lose, and those incapable of work (the disabled and elderly).

But dare you risk a revolution?

Makes far more sense to reduce effective taxation of the slave classes, increase equality and improve society for all.

The benefits service.

They screw up everything. I was off work for a few months and they never paid the rent. Luckily i had a good landlord and he understood what ***** they are so he waited till i found work. I count myself lucky that he was so good about it as otherwise im certain id have been made homeless.

Good luck finding something soon mate.

Cheers

And believe me, I'm a worker, it's in my blood. Finding work is proving difficult atm though, hopefully I'm just going through a slight blip in life.

I am sorry you are in this situation and the worry it is causing you. I suggest you follow the advice above and go to Howden House to get this sorted. You could also write to the Chief Executive (John Mothersole), your local Councillors and your MP to see if any of these can get action on your behalf.

Whilst I do feel sorry for you in this situation I also wonder why my taxes are (or will be soon) paying for a single person to live in a two bedroom property instead of a one bedroom

I am sorry you are in this situation and the worry it is causing you. I suggest you follow the advice above and go to Howden House to get this sorted. You could also write to the Chief Executive (John Mothersole), your local Councillors and your MP to see if any of these can get action on your behalf.

Whilst I do feel sorry for you in this situation I also wonder why my taxes are (or will be soon) paying for a single person to live in a two bedroom property instead of a one bedroom

Thanks.

In fairness I have been renting it privately for 2 years. Never missing a payment for the full amount. I have also paid my taxes all my working life.

I understand it may be more suitable to have a 1 bedroom flat now, but to be honest, I am settled here and I plan on getting back into work ASAP.

The market is flooded with rental property, there are no shortages atm, and my rent is as cheap as any 1 bedroom flat on the market. It's not beneficial for anyone if I moved to be honest, as I would still only get contributions based on being a single person, for 1 bedroomed or shared accommodation.

A family member of mine was given the runaround with a housing benefit claim, different advisors, different story every time, she ended up in tears and really frustrated - she ended up putting it in writing to the complaints address for the housing benefit section and she got a response from that - as soon as the response came through miraculously her claim was processed and she was also given £50.00 compensation for their incompetence - all the visits and calls were logged on the system so the complaints department could see all the conflicting advice she had been given - its worth a try just to speed them up if nothing else - hope you get sorted :(

The amount he can claim is limited.

If he is under 35, he can only get the Shared room rate of £60 a week.

If over 35 he can get the 1 bed rate. If he is applying with others that require bedrooms and there are enough people to qualify for the 2bed rate he can get the 2 bed rate.

Local LHA sets minimum buy to let yields and in turn minimum property prices.

The price of housing is prohibitively high and high housing costs reduce work incentives and the business model for work in the first place. Why rent land in the UK for a factory and wealth creation when you can rent cheaper land elsewhere...

A family member of mine was given the runaround with a housing benefit claim, different advisors, different story every time, she ended up in tears and really frustrated - she ended up putting it in writing to the complaints address for the housing benefit section and she got a response from that - as soon as the response came through miraculously her claim was processed and she was also given £50.00 compensation for their incompetence - all the visits and calls were logged on the system so the complaints department could see all the conflicting advice she had been given - its worth a try just to speed them up if nothing else - hope you get sorted :(

Thanks Jaynie.

Next stop is Howden House for me, one last attempt to sort it with them directly, face-to-face, then it might be time to make a formal complaint and put the pressure on them.

Glad she got sorted!