Hungry Horace in Heeley

Edna if that is your picture then jeez you're gorg girl

Edna if that is your picture then jeez you're gorg girl

Why thank you. Yes it is me, but more gorge than gorg. :hihi: especially with the Cheese fixation this afternoon!

I hated Horace. Nasty piece of work he was.

Why thank you. Yes it is me, but more gorge than gorg. :hihi: especially with the Cheese fixation this afternoon!

i'll ignore the obvious line :)

I went to school with the brothers that were responsible for manic miner and hungry horace, chris kerry and his older brother were the designers when they were programmers for Gremlin graphics aged 15 and 16 . Both went to Jordanthorpe school and made a mint from gremlin. ;)

i liked how horace goes skiing pinched its road sequence from Frogger.

eeee those were the days, i miss Gorf

I went to school with the brothers that were responsible for manic miner and hungry horace, chris kerry and his older brother were the designers when they were programmers for Gremlin graphics aged 15 and 16 . Both went to Jordanthorpe school and made a mint from gremlin. ;)

Is it sad that that quite impresses me in a geeky kind of way?

Good story. Except of course I think Chris and his brother must have been pulling your leg on that score.

Manic Miner was written by Matthew Smith and released by Bug Byte.

All the Horace games were written by William Tang and released by Beam Software and Melbourne House.

Anyway, pedantry aside, here's a photo taken from the bridge.

25082009323.jpg

I'm sick of these morons defacing my community.

granma.

granma.

Sign of the times Granny, betcha wouldn't moan if it were pictures of Jim Reeves sprayed on yer walls ;) Some canvasses are too small for todays art.

granma.

Have you even looked at the picture? Or even at the place mentioned?

Somebody has taken the time to paint (not spray paint) pieces of wood and then deposited them at a place not usually seen and not easily observed.

They have caused no damage to the surrounding area. They have caused no damage to the natural ambience. They have caused no damage whatsoever.

These are pieces of wood, boxes and canvas, placed at the artist's expense, that could be removed tomorrow without any impact on the taxpayer.

Was your post serious or just a trolling provocation?

Have you even looked at the picture? Or even at the place mentioned?

Somebody has taken the time to paint (not spray paint) pieces of wood and then deposited them at a place not usually seen and not easily observed.

They have caused no damage to the surrounding area. They have caused no damage to the natural ambience. They have caused no damage whatsoever.

These are pieces of wood, boxes and canvas, placed at the artist's expense, that could be removed tomorrow without any impact on the taxpayer.

Was your post serious or just a trolling provocation?

HEAR HEAR that poster. some people that may be in respite homes do not understand modern street art and should be ignored. I have been part of the movement for street art for the sake of it and it takes people with appreciation to feel the work as legitimate art to say Hey ho and not put us down as vandals and miscreants that they believe and see the beauty of the street canvas that it is.. the date is 2009 not 1950 folks . art moves on, obviously some people dont.... ;)