Sheffield Free paper - Gazette

If you get the journal you don't get the gazette as one is sw sheffield and the other north

I don't get either so I must live in the middle :0)

We dont get either- havent had em for years - we were told they had problems getting people to deliver.

The Star employ research staff? Extraordinary!

Yes they do!! on a saturday and sunday with overtime during the week when coming up to an audit, to ring round people and ask if they had got their paper when and if there was any leaflets inside!! Rubbish money and high targets for a call centre

If you get the journal you don't get the gazette as one is sw sheffield and the other north

That is not true on all occasions. There are areas in Sheffield that recieve both the Gazette and Journal and others that recieve neither

I have never received the Journal. Seem to get the Gazette once every few weeks, certainly not every week.

Not had a Gazette/Journal regularly in years and years... not that i miss it. It has about two (old) news stories, then the rest of the paper is adverts.

The only free paper we get regularly now is the Look Local... full of ads too, although to be fair they do employ their own "journalists" and have a decent number of stories.

The Star employ research staff? Extraordinary!

Yes but it says they're onky ones. Anyway, somebody has to read this forum to get the stories they print!

We get that sixer magazine? Never had journal or gazette. Never heard of them

yeh i get sixer mag, not had gazette for agers in s6 area

I get the Journal and Sixer. Given the fact that I never read them because they are rubbish, If whoever delivers them could put them straight in the blue bin or simply not put them through my letter box I would be doing my bit for saving the rainforests without actually doing anything and the blue bin would be lighter to lift when I take it round the front to have it emptied of all the other unwanted paper junk mail and rubbish that I never requested, and my council tax would be lower because my blue bin wouldn't need emptying as often so the bin lorry wouldn't use as much fuel so the petrol/diesel prices would be lower and the world's energy resources would last longer. Makes sense to me...

My son delivers the gazette in S14, and gets 2p for each paper - the leaflets add a bit more, and for 230 papers and leaflets he gets around £10 per week for about 3 hours work. It's crap, but he knows that if he wants anything he has to earn it.

I live in the Wadsley area and I get the Gazette, The Journal, The Sixer and Profile! So what am I doing right (or wrong).