Halal Restaurants

But seriously, eating Halal requires abstention from Carrion, Blood, Carnivores, Pork, Gelatin and all animals not killed in Allah’s name. I can therefore recommend all of the region’s vegetarian restaurants as 100% Halal :)

See here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3110571&postcount=7

okay thanks for your input but i don't want to discus methods of killing animals for food just restaurants that offer lovely HALAL meals.

ciao

I have a question about Halal.

Is there such a thing as a Halal meal? My understanding was that Halal just refers to the ingredients and not the way they are put together so that any meal made out of Halal foodstuffs would be Halal.

This would be different to a Kosher meal. Even if all the ingredients are Kosher, certain combinations such as mixing meat and dairy products together are strictly forbidden.

But seriously, eating Halal requires abstention from Carrion, Blood, Carnivores, Pork, Gelatin and all animals not killed in Allah’s name. I can therefore recommend all of the region’s vegetarian restaurants as 100% Halal :)

See here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3110571&postcount=7

That's true. Fish and chips is halal too. My muslim work colleagues would always eat fish and chips when visiting for training

courses from overseas.

I'm getting really fed up of all the racist ****** on this forum, keyboard warriors happy to spout *****e from the saftey of their own home...

KW2008 just asked about Halal restaurants not for your opinions on it you halfwits! Can we not just get straight answers to a question like this....? :rant:

Mod note:

If anyone feels that a post is racist, then please report it. If we agree that said post is deemed to be racist, we'll be only too happy to remove it. :)

Now, back on topic please folks.

Halal Restaurants. Which are the best?

There's a nice, small and intimate restaurant on West Street/Glossop Road, called Sheikhs, up near the Oxfam bookshop.

That's Lebanese. I used to love their Halloumi cheese and tomato pitta breads MMM!

If it's specifically middle eastern/ north African cuisine that you are after, the forum foodies had a meat in the Marrakesh restaurant, at west one. The waiter assured me that their meat was all halal. (He assumed that I had ordered the veggie option so as to avoid haram meat). The food there was really nice, and really enjoyable, but as delicious as it was, I felt a bit overfaced with the amount of couscous.

There are a number of "Indian" restaurants along London Rroad, such as "Aroma" and "Jumeirah", which serve halal meat. I have eaten at both of those, and quite enjoyed the food there, on both counts. (Although I didn't have the meat, at either place, as I only eat vegetarian)

Indeed Shiekhs wothy of a recommendation, nice food, well priced and above all Lebanese, have only been there with a Syrian but they were pretty enthusiastic about it!

Can you do sheesha at any of these places?

Thanks for the replies that were on topic btw :D

Can you do sheesha at any of these places?

Thanks for the replies that were on topic btw :D

Wicker, London RD I hear have places, although am yet to visit. (Not sure about the food status either, but you could always eat nearby)

Al-Zahir on Eccy Road is halal and does amazing food. I choose only to get veggie food there because of reservations about halal. The food is totally amazing though, they do a spiced potato dish and a bread dish with melted cheese and herbs in the middle.......yum. Do try.

There are lots of indian restuarants which offer halal food such as Akbars, Aagrah, Cafe Guru etc. Not sure of any lebanese ones though.

Al-Zahir is Lebanese.