Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield webcam

I know the University has one or two, and I used to watch this one

http://www.instantinfo.co.uk/

but it seems to to be off for the foreseeable. I did so want to watch the marchers! Any others?

maybe someone in an office somewhere in the city could set one up

Considering the great places to site a webcam in Sheffield, I think the Sheffield University one is absolutely pathetic.

A few weeks ago I wanted to see if there was any snow but couldn't find one decent view of the city.

Looking at the pics again, these must have been Council cameras. I'll ring the Town Hall tomorrow.

Rang the Council, they don't have any webcams.

I'll but in here and say I videoed 2 hours of the demo, from setting-off from Nether Edge up and around town to the end of barker's pool.

Some of this video will be online shortly and a whole copy has gone to Sheffieldagainstwar.org.uk who have some pictures you may want to see.

As for webcams, there are plenty of security cameras all over town, I say give the people access to them! Let us see them aswell as the police.

I had a webcam on of Abbeydale Rd, the 'Jam Cam' mornings its into town, afternoons its out of town haha, boaring, cut.

Anyone live somewhere interesting, you can buy a webcam for 20 quid from Staples but only worth it if you have adsl.

Sparxie

How about a rotating one on an ariel mast above Hallmshire Hospital that you can see from most places, from the top floors you can see out to the countryside.

that www.instantinfo.co.uk one belongs to me :) glad to see it mentioned on here.

Not much chance of it comming back online in the next few months i'm afraid. The webcam image was a bit boring but even so managed over 10000 hits before it went offline and still gets hits even now probably due to its high ranking on Google.

I've just found out that the pictures on the site don't open into full size images if you have a popup stopper on your web browser :x

Best Regards

SimonR

You can get copies of CCTV footage containing your image under the Data Protection Act. Just drop the operators of the camera a letter saying that you'd like a copy, and enclose a cheque for £10 to cover costs.

Mark Thomas wanted everyone on the London stop the war march to do that, in an attempt to bugger up the MoD !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/webcams/scenic_views/cambridge_st_ives_great_ouse_riverside_webcam.shtml

How is that for a lovely webcam image?

If you cut the link back to england/webcams you get to see the list of what you can look at

You can see INSIDE Bridlington Register Office as people get married, how FAB!

The Sheffield ones are still down though if you were going to check there.

Perhaps the Forum could run a campaign to get some put up, perhaps one outside the Classic Rock bar so that we can watch folk going in and out?

:D

Oh great if its focused on the city centre I bet I'll be on that thing scratching my butt!! :D