F1 2012 Season Megathread

Good win for Alonso I guess if you can say that.

I was not best pleased with the Radio message to Perez trying to put him off going after Alonso. Wouldn't want to upset the engine supplier aye? This is racing for goodness sake!

Oh no Perez has run wide with a few laps left to go! The cynic in me says that was done on purpose.

Surprised by the lack of pace from McLaren on a drying track. Still a solid performance from Lewis rather unlucky once again with pit stops. Lewis seems to have matured this year and like he said after the race its all about consistency and picking up points.

Unfortunate to see the so called rain master Button struggling and smashing into back markers. Don't get me wrong I want the Brits to do well but if that was Lewis he would be getting slagged off by anyone and everyone for that performance.

The best moment though was seeing Vettel get a puncture from hitting a back marker as well. Then being told twice to stop on track but his radio was not working.

The two Golden Boys of last season showing they can't pass a back marker without crashing into them. :)

Apart from JB's position, I thought it was a good race. Great race from Perez, I was cheering him on at the end to overtake Alonso. Shame about the slip. I wonder exactly when that last message was sent. Perez said he couldn't remember. Personally I think I would have ripped their head off for talking during high concentration! :hihi:

What did you make of Vettel's comment at the end? "there are idiots on the road, and there was an idiot on the track today" talking about Karthekeyan [sp]. I thought it looked like Vettel's fault!

Apart from JB's position, I thought it was a good race. Great race from Perez, I was cheering him on at the end to overtake Alonso. Shame about the slip. I wonder exactly when that last message was sent. Perez said he couldn't remember. Personally I think I would have ripped their head off for talking during high concentration! :hihi:

What did you make of Vettel's comment at the end? "there are idiots on the road, and there was an idiot on the track today" talking about Karthekeyan [sp]. I thought it looked like Vettel's fault!

It was Vettel's fault he cut across him. Try cutting across someone like that on a Motorway and see what happens.

Vettel seems seriously rattled now he isn't winning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17504555

No surprise to see Horner chipping to say it was totally Karthikeyan's fault.

It was Vettel's fault he cut across him. Try cutting across someone like that on a Motorway and see what happens.

Vettel seems seriously rattled now he isn't winning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17504555

No surprise to see Horner chipping to say it was totally Karthikeyan's fault.

I know :hihi::hihi:

I've watched the replays again in your link and I can't see at all how Vettel can complain?!

I know :hihi::hihi:

I've watched the replays again in your link and I can't see at all how Vettel can complain?!

What did he want Karthikeyan to do exactly? drive off the road completely? Had he done that he would of spun and could of hit Vettel in a spin which is far more dangerous.

I seriously don't get where Red Bull are coming from over this especially considering the conditions.

FIA reassessing controversial Mercedes wing system

Formula 1's governing body the FIA is this week reassessing its position on the legality of a controversial design feature on the Mercedes car.

The move comes in the wake of continuing complaints from rivals about the system. BBC Sport understands at least five teams consider it illegal.

The system uses the DRS rear wing overtaking device to affect the front wing, boosting straight-line speed.

Mercedes built the system after an all-clear from the FIA.

Rivals - who estimate the system is worth as much as 0.5 seconds a lap in qualifying - have been lobbying FIA race director Charlie Whiting about the system since before the first race of the season in Australia last month.

Lotus and Red Bull were the two teams leading objections to the design, which Whiting indicated he felt was legal in both Australia and at the Malaysian race a week later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17588028

Last week it gets the all clear and now they are looking again at it.

So looking forward to China's race, or is it just watching a LIVE race!

Cinderella will go to the ball :)

I wonder if the Bahrain GP will be boycotted then? Or raced but not broadcast-unlikely I think.

Would the smaller teams save money by not going? Is there an advantage to not go, would they really be at risk?

Is it a bit more likely to be some teams wanting out more than others, given that Bahrain's Royal family own a chunk of Mclaren and all that.

I wonder if the Bahrain GP will be boycotted then? Or raced but not broadcast-unlikely I think.

Would the smaller teams save money by not going? Is there an advantage to not go, would they really be at risk?

Is it a bit more likely to be some teams wanting out more than others, given that Bahrain's Royal family own a chunk of Mclaren and all that.

I think it will go ahead and the recent report says its down to them.

Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone said on Thursday that the Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead next week as scheduled - unless national authorities decide to cancel the race.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/content/view/full/117764

In the mean time it looks like Hamilton will be taking a 5 place grid penalty.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton will be given a five-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix after the team changed his gearbox.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17686441

Lewis won from 3rd place last year so will need to have a battle this weekend.

Bernie gave a good interview to the beeb I think. On a selfish note I'm glad to be getting to watch though.

Loving the line up for today after a predictable year it is great to mix it up a bit.

I will be hoping someone can win from behind 6th on the grid for the 1st time at Shanghi this year-I guess there have not been the teams involved up front.

Enjoy the race :)