Camping around Sheffield with kids

i'm looking for a friendly's camp site to go too for the first time, just trying to plan the summer break with my 2 girls.

thanks for the help.

The one at Bakewell looks good and Smeatons Lakes just outside Newark is very nice as well but not cheap.

thanks l will have a good look at them with my girls..

saw you violin solo jack very good.

many thanks again.

thanks l will have a good look at them with my girls..

saw you violin solo jack very good.

many thanks again.

Hi

If the one at bakewell you are talking about is "Greenhills" i can vouch for that one i go there a lot has a bar, shop, and very clean showers, also playing field and a small adventure playground. even the dogs have there own walk and secure field to be let loose on xxxx

Sharon

That sounds fantastic bobtail :)

I can't believe Brude's made it to ten without us going camping! H will think it's fantastic!

We did look at new tents in CCC with Brude in tow, and you should have seen his face at the idea of a fabrikennel we could all fit in :hihi:

We go to Callow Top. just outside Ashbourne in Derbyshire, only about an hour out of Sheffield, great campsite with plenty of pitches, a decent bar, pool for the kids and their own brewery on camp. Great for walkng in the area too, The Tissington Trail runs alongside the campsite.

http://www.callowtop.co.uk

our Alice is nearly 12 now and she still gets so excited when she see's the caravan being hooked up. she loves it xxx

That sounds fantastic bobtail :) I can't believe Brude's made it to ten without us going camping! H will think it's fantastic! We did look at new tents in CCC with Brude in tow, and you should have seen his face at the idea of a fabrikennel we could all fit in :hihi:

i would recomend barlow fisheries ...realy good site got ehu nice shower block a little cafe if you cant be bothered to cook and loads of room for kids to play ..

For a quick trip, we rather like Hatfield Marina, just outside Doncaster. Comparatively cheap, clean facilities, big plots and quiet paths for kids to play on but also quiet enough that those of us with no kids can't hear them!

I would recommend 'Orchard Park' at Tuxford, its a family friendly site. Its a quiet site (ie no entertainment) but has a lovely orchard for kids to play hide and seek in and ride bikes around. They let u pick apples, pears and plums when they're in season.