Help with Hermes couriers

Morning all,

I'm after nayone who works for, or who has experience with getting deliveries from Hermes couriers in Sheffield.

I placed an order last Thursday from Next, and they said it would be delivered the day after (ie. 4 Feb) via Hermes. I've been trying to track the parcel on their website and it gives the following actions:

Date Time Status

10/02/2011 09:42 Courier Received

10/02/2011 03:17 Out For Delivery To Courier

09/02/2011 22:32 Processed at Depot

09/02/2011 13:14 Receipt at Depot

08/02/2011 10:08 Courier to Re-attempt

04/02/2011 03:22 Out For Delivery To Courier

03/02/2011 22:12 Processed at Depot

03/02/2011 20:25 Receipt at Depot

Now to me this looks like the parcel is bouncing between Next and Hermes. It obvioulsy didn't arrive on the actual delivery date, and I haven't been carded.

I wrote a long(ish) request on Hermes contact me page (under their "Parcel Query" heading) and got an instant auto-reply back saying "We cannot help you with parcel queries" and advising me to contact the supplier (Grr, why have this option if you're not going to respond to those queries! :rant: ). Now the order was placed under my OH's account and Next won't speak to me.

She's away for a week and can't contact Next.

I can only really be in for the delivery on a Saturday (when we ordered it we knew we would be at home on the dleivery date) but can't seem to contact the courier to tell them this.

Any thoughts? Anyone have any idea if the above means what I think it means?

They're rubbish. My parcel on a "next day" delivery arrived 3 days later. I was out, they didn't leave it with my next door neighbour, no - they left it 4 houses away!! I didn't even know the people, they kindly took it in for me but exceedingly random. I'd rather they just took it back to the depot or arranged a redelivery, much like Royal Mail allow you to do.

Hermes customer service is terrible. I hope you get it sorted :)

I think part of the problem is that they don't have a customer-accessible depot as such, because they use local private couriers, so there's not even anywhere I can go, or anyone I can call to find out more.

Ideally what needs to happen now is for them to deliver on Saturday, but given the slightly confusing nature of the deliveyr status I'm not even sure that it's with a courier to deliver to me.

My Next courier is lovely and always comes first thing before I go out. If you have facebook search for 'Next' and send them a query on their page and Next will PM you regarding the problem

Had a very similar experience a couple of months ago, bought something off of e-bay and seller used Hermes......took about 2 weeks to arrive and, as you say, their website is totally useless, kept getting similar unhelpful updates like the ones you have listed

I'll try that when I get home tonight, thanks.

Off topic,it is supposed to be the power of there wings that break your arm.Its not likely your gonna hang around when one wants to get up close,i know i didnt,i had to watch the B#@$&$%S eat all my fishing bait :mad:

Off topic,it is supposed to be the power of there wings that break your arm.Its not likely your gonna hang around when one wants to get up close,i know i didnt,i had to watch the B#@$&$%S eat all my fishing bait :mad:

I wonder why swans specifically attack arms then?

I always thought it was a myth until someone corrected me on a post. The bit on my sig is a hyperlink to his post, there may be more info on it.

My friend once had a duck fly into his gentleman's fun zone, but that's as much experience as I have with the subject.

I'm currently having an absolute nightmare with a Next delivery that went missing & has been outstanding since the beginning of December, done with speaking to them on the phone & now email their customer complaints department directly on this email address :- Complaints_Department@next.co.uk quote the account number in your query.

Hope you have better look than me in getting it sorted!

Blimey, what swines!

Is it with the courier then? I'm about this (*indicates small distance*) close from just cancelling the order, but it's stuff that I can't get in the shop.

I'll try emailing Next and just pretending to be the OH, which should be fine.

The way I see it, it's theri responsibility to sort the courier out (not to say I won't ring them if I find a sodding number anywhere!).

Blimey, what swines!

Is it with the courier then? I'm about this (*indicates small distance*) close from just cancelling the order, but it's stuff that I can't get in the shop.

I'll try emailing Next and just pretending to be the OH, which should be fine.

The way I see it, it's theri responsibility to sort the courier out (not to say I won't ring them if I find a sodding number anywhere!).

Yes all Next's records show the parcel being out for delivery but the courier (Hermes) has said it's still in the warehouse, from December!! in the meantime I have been charged for these items & am at the end of my tether now! lost count of the amt of emails I have sent, suffice to say when the refund is finally put on my acct I shall be closing it down!