Mondao Circus animals - Jordanthorpe

Just been to the Mondao Circus at Jordanthorpe/Dronfield (opposite Bowshaw pub) but had to come away as the missus refused to go in as they had Camels and Zebras, which I understand. (That doesnt mean that I understand Camels and Zebras:hihi:)

To be honest I never gave it a thought as I assumed that circuses had done away with animals years ago.

There were protesters with banners handing out leaflets at the entrance.

So if you arent happy with circus animals, be warned!

ooo thank you for that, i was going to go tomorrow but was not sure if i wanted to if animals was involved. I do have mixed feelings about animals in circus.

i also have mixed feelings.

why is it ok to have a dog on a lead. keep a cat in the house. cage parrots, train a horse to do dressage. but wrong for one to be in a circus?

well i dont mind domestic animals been used, but think zebras are a wild animal and thats why i wont go.

That's a shame; I passed the circus near Woodseats when returning on the bus late at night from a performance; I assumed it might be an animal-free circus focusing on clowns, magic and trapeze; Circus animals do have to be better cared for under more stringent rules; some animals such as bears, lions and elephants are virtually extinct in circuses, as it is far more difficult to provide satisfactory welfare for such large or rare animals; I'm wondering if most animal circuses tend to have scaled down their four-legged attractions to simply horses/zebras and camels, as they are easier to transport and also to leave outside in the open to exercise and graze.

well i dont mind domestic animals been used, but think zebras are a wild animal and thats why i wont go.

All animals where wild once.

there is a real possibility that the Zebra is 5th generation bred and is no more a wild animal than a puppy.

i just find it hypocritical how people can justify the use of one animal. but not of another.

Just been to the Mondao Circus at Jordanthorpe/Dronfield (opposite Bowshaw pub) but had to come away as the missus refused to go in as they had Camels and Zebras, which I understand. (That doesnt mean that I understand Camels and Zebras:hihi:)

To be honest I never gave it a thought as I assumed that circuses had done away with animals years ago.

There were protesters with banners handing out leaflets at the entrance.

So if you arent happy with circus animals, be warned!

oh please get over it ! its a circus for gods sake circuses have had animals in for hundreds of years its called tradition, the animals are well looked after and fed and if they wernt then it would be closed! protesting is just another excuse for the hand wringers, the unemployed animal protesters and liberal do gooders to moan about something!

All animals where wild once.

there is a real possibility that the Zebra is 5th generation bred and is no more a wild animal than a puppy.

i just find it hypocritical how people can justify the use of one animal. but not of another.

But if you had any intelligence, you would be able to compose a sentence that is gramatically correct.

oh please get over it ! its a circus for gods sake circuses have had animals in for hundreds of years its called tradition, the animals are well looked after and fed and if they wernt then it would be closed! protesting is just another excuse for the hand wringers, the unemployed animal protesters and liberal do gooders to moan about something!

Does your arguement apply to slavery then? People have done it for years and it is even sanctioned in the bible.

Does your arguement apply to slavery then? People have done it for years and it is even sanctioned in the bible.

er no humans versus animals i dont think so!

What is there for me to 'get over'?

I havent complained about the use of animals. In fact I like nothing better than to watch a blindfolded monkey riding on the back of a lion:hihi:

I was letting folk know about it in case they werent aware. My wife didnt want to go inside so we left, having lost our entrance fee. Just didnt want anyone else to make the same mistake.

What is there for me to 'get over'?

I havent complained about the use of animals. In fact I like nothing better than to watch a blindfolded monkey riding on the back of a lion:hihi:

I was letting folk know about it in case they werent aware. My wife didnt want to go inside so we left, having lost our entrance fee. Just didnt want anyone else to make the same mistake.

oops sorry my apologies