Sheffield Kier repairs

Can somebody please tell me why it takes kier repairs service 4 months to repair a fall pipe what is there problem had 4 inspectors and 7 trades men look at it in 4 months now they want to sent another supervisor out with another plumber what aload of crap .... looks like another phone call to the local MP to get it sorted again ............ its about time sheffield homes contracted there work out to companys that have respect for there job and people they are working far instead of kier thinking its ok they are a council tennent they can wait, kier have know respect for the work they have to do in tennents houses they just look at as a job where they can go look at it then walk away an think oooo need to get someone else in for this just a bunch of lazy txxts that think they can do what they like because they get an hourly rate of pay so we will sit in cafe or in the van for an hour .............

If its high they will need scaffold

And breathe!

Can't you fix it yourself?

Why should the OP fix it herself? Council tenants pay rent to the Council, a proportion of which goes towards getting repairs done. You wouldn't have a dog and bark yourself would you??

I have had similar problems with Kier, although I find the lads actually on the tools are great, there are way too many pencil pushers higher up that couldn't organise themselves out of a paper bag.

I have a friend who told me a Kier story. One of his relatives received a visit from Kier to paint a communal wall. They came, painted the wall (which had a notice board attached - they painted around the noticed board).

A short while later, they then came back and removed the board for a new one (smaller in size), but did not think to paint the now exposed old paintwork !

Would it not have been better to remove the old board before painting - this is not rocket science Kier...

Why should the OP fix it herself? Council tenants pay rent to the Council, a proportion of which goes towards getting repairs done. You wouldn't have a dog and bark yourself would you??

I have had similar problems with Kier, although I find the lads actually on the tools are great, there are way too many pencil pushers higher up that couldn't organise themselves out of a paper bag.

Calm down, I was only asking!

Not an hourly rate though... get paid per job :) And keep chasing it up, ring every day, twice a day if you need too - they'll sort it, trust me. Oh and they have won the contract til 2014 so dont count on them going (and even when they do, the ''new'' company just hires the old staff)

call for a quote! ha i was only messing! if you threaten with mp or sheff star that usually gets results, but you must follow it through! or stop your rent until it is fixed! good luck.