Average Price to Hang a Door?

4 doors each in one day - thats one door per every 2 hours - :thumbsup:

Lost me fella , we'll get there for 9 and finish when we finish and the price is the price . 2 hour a door :huh: . Like i said , get your mate on it :suspect:

If someone is willing to fit a door for £10 then it is going to be literally thrown in, look hideous and probably not shut!!!!!

For a fully qualified tradesman to do it to a professional standard you are looking at £25 upwards depending on the type of door to be fitted, the condition of the door frame it is to be fitted in, the number of doors you want doing (more doors= cheaper overall price).

What some people don't realise is that to get to the place to fit the door the fitter must put diesel in his van. Somewhere down the line he has had to purchase all the tools required for the job which believe me is hundreds of pounds worth. He's taken all the relevent test and training to be able to fit this door to the standard the customer insists on and finally this guy has got to make a living from doing this type of work. Hes got to cover his costs plus earn a wage to provide for his family.

Thats why it will definately cost more than £10 per door and thats why we can't all fit doors!!!!!

I'm no tradesman but this guy is spot on. In the past we've had "joiners" who would have struggled to join two words together....and it ended up costing more in the long run. Recently we had a real Joiner who cost a few quid more BUT did a cracking job. ....Old addage, PAY PEANUTS = GET MONKEYS !!

In defence of people who want a door fitted cheaply, if they're on minimum wage it makes it difficult to comprehend a door fitter/joiner who does 4 doors by lunch time and then plays golf all afternoon for £150.

Yes SOME are qualified, others are skilled by practice,differentiate between the two on a couple of doors.

However if like me you're happy with what you paid for and the work done why is it an issue.

Edited by willman

If you want I'll do it for £5.00 per door..........but I can't guarantee them looking anything like doors by the time I've done.....oh and they might not quite sit in the jamb....and you want handles fitting (sharp intake of breath) "that'll be extra". .....and the hinges will be surface mounted as I've no chisels to rebate them.:hihi:

If you want I'll do it for £5.00 per door..........but I can't guarantee them looking anything like doors by the time I've done.....oh and they might not quite sit in the jamb....and you want handles fitting (sharp intake of breath) "that'll be extra". .....and the hinges will be surface mounted as I've no chisels to rebate them.:hihi:

I once had a plasterer like that tbh..

Looking for quote to fit 6 doors, some of the frames will need repairing or replacing. Plus fitting some new window sills. There will be other work at a later date.

Andy - could you please send me a message as my post in other thread has gone and so has your reply. Not sure what happened.

Thanks in advance.

To moderators - if this is wrong place for the post please move it rather than deleting it.

Edited by hussain13
correction

I have two solid oak doors , how much would you charge to fit with all fittings.

hi.

The cost to have a door hung differs in different circumstance, you have to take into consideration.

frame

door style

timber style

and most of all the tradesmen.

please feel free to contact me if you would like you work looking at.

Nick 07935082992

James 07887692470

http://www.facebook.com/springfieldjoinery

thankyou

kind regards

hi shells sale inbox me and i will arrange a view time to give free quote, i am not a 3 week course joiner i am apprentice trained with over 20yrs experience non of my customers have ever complained about my work and i can give you around 120 references if needed cheers steve.