My daughter has blood in her urine

hello all just after a bit of reasurance really as im extremely worried about my 9 year old daughter

i have taken her to the doctors and am awaiting test results

basicaly shes in pain when she passes urine and there has been quite a bit of blood in it i have taken her to the doctors and he has given me antibiottics for her and i have to take a wee sample in the morning

how long does it take for test results to come back ???? she also has had quite a bit of back ache recently and was complaining of stomach cramps which i told the doctor but he didnt seem to concerned ?? i read on intenet when i got home (bit silly really because i have worked my self up now )and its saying something about kidney infection

if shes still in bad pain tomorow would you take her to a@e ??? and how long for results to come back x

thanks for reading x any advice appreciated

Hi. It does sound as if she's suffering from either a urine infection or if this has gone untreated for a while the infection can track upwards and into the kidneys. something else worth thinking about though if there is visible blood in the urine is a kidney stone. I suffer at least once a year from both these and can tell you that both can cause back pain, tummy cramps and blood in the urine. If the sample grows bacteria then its an infection and antibiotics should make her feel better in no time at all. If nothing grows though then you should ask the doc about the possibility of a stone. Hope she's feeling better soon. Let us know. x

I had the same symptoms when I had a water infection, fingers crossed its nothing too serious and she gets better quickly.

I had the same symptoms with both a water infection and kidney infection....

In a nutshell - if it gets to the point where the backache is causing her agony, she cant walk properly, etc then take her to the walk-in centre, this is what I did and landed myself 4 days bedbound. A drip, painkillers, lots of antibiotics and abit of rest made it all better. If its a water infection, think yourself lucky and get some cystitus drinks/antibiotics from the doctor.

Dont worry yourself too much unless shes in absolute agony. I was in pain for around 2 weeks, slowly building up (abit like contractions, start mild work their way to agonising but over 2 whole, loooong weeks!) until I finally lost it and went to the walk in. I thought, it was going to be another ectopic pregnancy.

Good luck and I hope its nothing serious xx

awww thanks for your replies I will keep you posted thanks xxx

Is she any better today Sharon??? I do hope so. x

hya all just popped on to let you know shes no worse so thats a bonus

still having problems weeing and theres still blood there awaiting the results from the sample so fingers crossed thats all is ok xx thanks for your concern

especialy bethsmummy i stumbled across you thread about your poor wee baby awww it put a tear in my eye to think what youve been through and im going on about this lol x you seem a truley wunderfull person and you have been through the mills yet find time to show concern for others

thanks for asking about ellie x when i hear anything ill let you know x and good luck with your little one xxxx

I'm fuming they've lost her bloody wee sample total

Incompetence

Oh dear..... that's frustrating Sharon. I should ask to speak to your practice manager and tell them its not good enough when she's suffering so much. I really do sympathise if its a kidney infection or stone. The pain can be truly unbearable. I would take her to A&E. They can put her urine sample through a bit quicker. Let us know how she's doing. x

Have they suggested you try and get her to drink some cranberry juice? Its good for helping with urine infections, also make sure shes drinking plenty of clear water, it'll help to flush out her system