The Wagon and Horses (Wetherspoons) in Chapeltown

Anyone else get the no change scam? Is this same in all weatherspoons ?

Stella £2.99, Carling £2.59 etc but they never have any change in the till......

Went here yesterday,am not a fan of Wetherspoons at the best of times, but my dad is and as it was a family outing, and a pub for the tick list we made a visit.. now the only benifit (for me) to this chain is early opening for days out, and cheap prices...

I arrived early with the meet due at 1pm, and as a real ale fan went for the doom bar ale.. £2.59 ! well i can pay that any where, then the food the menu seemed very expensive for a "spoons " pub anyway. The decor even though new is a mix mash of tables.. false marble to the right on entry, cheap wooden on the left. The most noticable dislike here is the parking !! there is non. If your not local, street parking is difficult and the local pay car park is £2 for 1-2 hr.

So bare in mind i am byas, i awaited the family verdict.

Dads a regular at Wetherspoons , although he did not note the beer prices he certainly noticed the menu prices.Feeling a bit cheesed off.. we made a move.

Just to show as an example how the price structure seems to have changed(from my few past visits to the chain),after a couple of drinks, we moved on to the DRAWBRIDGE and paid £2.45 a pint for Bombardier, then on to the Manor Barn paying £2.40 for a pint of Acorn.

Now to be fair to the place the menu states beer prices from £2.29 a pint, but unlike other branches of the chain, had no prices on the pumps or a price list visable.

The whole set up is unlike the usual uniformed structure expected from the chain.

ONE FOR THE TICK LIST BUT ONE NEVER TO BE REVISITED.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

Had two visits to The Waggon & Horses, both at lunch times. The second visit on a Tuesday looked like a Kindergardten Outing.

Not my idea of a ideal Restaurant when kids are allowed to run riot. Can only hope my next vosit will be more of a pleasure, otherwise will go back to looking for other venues to enjoy Lunch

Can't believe people want to eat in there????:loopy: Lovely little cafe across the road from it called Lunchbreak, does lovely home cooked grub.

Maybe given Chaps best secret away there!

Jim

Can't believe people want to eat in there????:loopy: Lovely little cafe across the road from it called Lunchbreak, does lovely home cooked grub.

Maybe given Chaps best secret away there!

Jim

Ask em to put on some real ale then :) they are missing a trick:hihi:

I've been at different times - I went with my friend as a guest for the pre-opening in the middle of the day - everything seemed ok although the steak was not cooked as requeated - but given it was a freebie we didn't want to complain. The second time i went was on a Friday evening - it was really busy but still managed to find a table and order food.

The only issue here was that after ordering - someone came up to my friend to state that they didn't have her veggie option left - so just as she was choosing another option, someone brought it out for her - leaving the woman who came to our table slightly gobsmacked to say the least. After we had eaten, there was nothing left to stay for as no music or atmosphetre so we went on our merry way round chap.

Then we went in for breakfast the morning after; staff were just stood at one end of the bar talking amongst themselves - there were no clean spoons whatsoever and the manager was simply rude.

Haven't been back since.

Edited by partypixie
spelling

I've been on a Friday night, to me still has the vibe that it could kick off at anytime