Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

the Roman Catholic Cathedral Church of St Marie is built upon the land which was purchased by Sheffield Catholics and a part was a cemetery.

Who was it purchased from? And where did they get it from? And where did you get it from?

Are you suggesting that the land on which the cathedral stands has never changed hands forcefully?

How awful that you were bullied by some members of the C/E ! Did you go to an Evangelical parish ? Had you gone to a catholic parish of the C/E (ie. St Peter's Greenhill, St Matthew's, Carver Street etc.), your experience might have been quite different.

I understand that you were confirmed by an Anglican bishop. In that case, you must be confirmed by a Roman Catholic bishop or by a bishop who is in communion with the Bishop of Rome. Otherwise, you are not in communion with the See of Rome and since the Anglican order is invalid according to the Vatican, that confirmation was not valid. In other words, you've never been confirmed. You may ask your RC parish priest or enquire St Marie's Cathedral office re: your confirmation by a Roman Catholic bishop. Until you are fully in communion with the See of Rome, according to the regulation of the Roman Catholic Church, you are not supposed to receive communion in the Roman Catholic Church.

with prayers

With due respect, I have taken my first Holy Communion in the Catholic Church and am therefore able to receive communion along with anyone else at mass. My priest has applied to the bishop for my Catholic confirmation this year.

How awful that you were bullied by some members of the C/E ! Did you go to an Evangelical parish ? Had you gone to a catholic parish of the C/E (ie. St Peter's Greenhill, St Matthew's, Carver Street etc.), your experience might have been quite different.

I understand that you were confirmed by an Anglican bishop. In that case, you must be confirmed by a Roman Catholic bishop or by a bishop who is in communion with the Bishop of Rome. Otherwise, you are not in communion with the See of Rome and since the Anglican order is invalid according to the Vatican, that confirmation was not valid. In other words, you've never been confirmed. You may ask your RC parish priest or enquire St Marie's Cathedral office re: your confirmation by a Roman Catholic bishop. Until you are fully in communion with the See of Rome, according to the regulation of the Roman Catholic Church, you are not supposed to receive communion in the Roman Catholic Church.

with prayers

Fussy lot aint you???

<gets popcorn>

sweet i hope, not fussed with the salty type

We would sooner give it to the Muslims than back to the Catholics ! :hihi:

We could always share it.:hihi:

We have done in the past :)

Now that's a better idea :)

"The (Shrewsbury) Chapel remained a Roman Catholic chapel in an Anglican setting until 1933, when it was presented to the Cathedral by the Duke of Norfolk for ‘the use of the parishioners’."

Is it not bad manners to ask for a present back?

Yes it is bad manners, Indian Giver.