How to get rid of wasps' nest?

I used to work in pest control for the local council many moons ago now and the best advice we gave to those who couldn;t afford to pay was to wai till dusk, get a can of wasp nest destroyer and spray the whole can just inside the entrance to the nest. As the workers go in and out they will get coated in it and take it back into the nest. The Queen feeds from them and it will kill her. Once the queen is dead the nest can no longer function so the rest of the nest will die away too.

I had a wasps nest and we used some powder we put it on late at night for three days and that got rid of them I got the powder from willkinsons it was about 4 pounds well worth it especially when the council charge you 30 pounds:o:o

Two years ago, Sheffield City Council charged me £39.00 for treating a wasp nest. They didn't actually remove the nest, but sprayed powder in it. It did work though.

where are you? i wouldn't mind the grubs for fishing, excellent bait...

borrow my mother in law, one look at her face and they will fly into the nearest bonfire

borrow my mother in law, one look at her face and they will fly into the nearest bonfire

Like it :hihi:

had a nest years ago, got a bloke out to remove it. all he did was to spray some powder in and then came back to remove the nest some days later.

cost me £15, time after got some powder and did it myself!!!

didn't realise it was that simple..

i think i have the same problem in the roof part of the attic dormer window, the last few mornings i've noticed loads and loads of wasps flying to and from there, so looks like i'll have to get someone out, i'm s**t scared of em after i was stung as a kid and theres no way i'm getting up ladders all the way to the attic!!

Just an update for anyone that may have a wasp nest to remove, I called the council and they charge £45, plus £20 for each additional nest (now I have two it will be £65 and that is quite expensive IMO), but Rentokil will remove them both for £45, so if you have any, I would use them!!!!

I have the same problem so thanks for all the info.

They are above my kids bedroom. The entrance to the nest is just above his window.

Dont have any ladders so will call rentokill.

If I get some ladders though, will one of those sprays stop them from coming back next year?

apparently they only use the same nest once, so it will die at the end of summer and then that'll be it! So don't worry!

I'd just get some fit blokes or something to sort it out ! Then again, they might not look so hot if they got stung! Or you could spray some vile perfume on them, you never know, it could work!

Fit blokes in Sheffield!!! You having a laugh?!