Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

the longpigs also supported U2 on a major stadium tour.

blammo became speedy and if i am right they appeared on the 1st national lottery show performing their 'almost' hit - boywonder

anyone remember a barnsley band called 'british racing green'? i used to see them regular in the late 90's. great band!

Does anyone have any photo's of British Racing Green gigging from the mid nineties please

I want to prove to my 16 year old Bassist son that I wasn't always an old fart !!

Guest makapaka

Does anyone remember a band called chemical child?

Does anyone remember a Sheffield three-piece band called 'Crow'?  They used to practice at what was the Darnall Music Factory (don't know if that's still going) they played Gigs at the Hallamshire pub, they played there with Lilac Confusion and Plague Dogs I seem to remember. They also played with a band called 'Oranges for Angels'.  I think that gig was at The Limit, and they played quite a few times with Cosa Nostra at 'Take Two' in Darnall. Would be good to see some old photos of that band if there are any,  or hear some audio of them, if there's any out there.  

Edited by FormerSheff
forgot something

On 14/02/2019 at 12:55, FormerSheff said:

Does anyone remember a Sheffield three-piece band called 'Crow'?  They used to practice at what was the Darnall Music Factory (don't know if that's still going) they played Gigs at the Hallamshire pub, they played there with Lilac Confusion and Plague Dogs I seem to remember. They also played with a band called 'Oranges for Angels'.  I think that gig was at The Limit, and they played quite a few times with Cosa Nostra at 'Take Two' in Darnall. Would be good to see some old photos of that band if there are any,  or hear some audio of them, if there's any out there.  

Yep. No photos or audio though. Only memories of there angular, discordant alt-pop. 

thought id seen Crow as it rang a bell but its not in mi gig book, seen Lilac confusion at hallamshire hotel 18th may 1989  with Bedlam choir, and human perogrative.. Knew all those bands, aswell as Plague dogs, saw them loads

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

thought id seen Crow as it rang a bell but its not in mi gig book, seen Lilac confusion at hallamshire hotel 18th may 1989  with Bedlam choir, and human perogrative.. Knew all those bands, aswell as Plague dogs, saw them loads

OK, after making that post, I went back through the thread and saw a photo of the singer/guitarist of Crow was posted, and also that a member of Crow was speaking about sending some tapes he had to be converted to digital for a site, but I guess nothing came of it. But thanks for responding 👍

3 hours ago, macmellus said:

Yep. No photos or audio though. Only memories of there angular, discordant alt-pop. 

Angular, discordant alt-pop. . . that's a good description! 

'MegsBigBear' asked about them on page 57, way back in 2008, and there was a brief discussion about them that started from his post. 

Edited by FormerSheff

On 08/09/2009 at 20:47, pete_fcs said:

And here's the photo of the Singer/guitarist of Crow that was posted. 

Just been uploaded

Amnesia from Sheff Uni 1st July 1989

Part 1

Part 2

Soundcheck

I was there, in fact think ive seen myself and some mates in the mosh pit behind the headbangers in the bottom right hand corner lol. Other bands that played that evening were Acid reign, Re-animator, Toranaga and Lawnmower deth.

Used to know singer Andy Longley (who was sadly replaced before they signed and brought out their album) and if i remember right the guitarist on the left was Mac?