Ringtons Tea Delivery Man

I saw a Ringtons Tea Van delivering to a house near us the other dy. Brought back some memories. Didn`t know they were still around. My Mum used to have Ringtons when I was a girl in the late 50`s

A Ringtons man called at my house trying to get me to place an order only the other day but I didn't bother even though he was offering a box of biscuits as an incentive.

Great Tea. The Best!

PopT

you see a few knocking about,it is really quaint how he brings the tea in a basket.shame to left this tradition die out.

Not only does the Rington's man bring tea every fortnight but he also brings biscuits, chocs and other lovely goodies. My husband bought me a teddy bear dressed as a delivery man last year from him Great:)

A teddy bear my missus has tea caddies,mugs ,teapots, and even bronzes of the horse and carts lol,its a good job it is nice tea,especially their extra-fresh which has a lovely caramel taste

Their tea is spot on, and the ginger biccies are lovely. I also think it's a great tradition. Apparently last year some of the Rington's Tea delivery chaps were the only people some elderly folk saw during the really bad weather, and apparently they went all out to get deliveries to snowbound folk. Good on em! :)

That was my dads first job in the mid sixties, I guess.

One of their delivery vans used to deliver to me - I tried 3 varieties of their tea....awful...every one of them.

Suppose that's what I get for being a tea snob. I don't drink floor sweepings....never did, never will. :)

There was a bit of a radio documentary on radio4 about Ringtons a couple of years ago, apparently they produce one of the teas for M&S

Mum has them deliver every fortnight. Choccy Mallows and orange tiffin too, - yeah. They have a website if you want to sign up for a delivery. :)

i live in chesterfield and we have a rigtons tea van comes round every week