Walk In Centre, Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I think the walk in centre is excellent, went there last sunday and within 45 mins they had examined, x-rayed and potted my foot up and sent me on to northern general as i needed an operation, they even paid my taxi fares from the walk in to northern.

Staff were fantastic would be a shame to lose this service, but if just moving premises and everything they have to offer is at the new place i cant see a problem whatsover.

I have used the walk in centre service a few times at the Hallamshire, most times have been with for my daughter and all been fine. My last visit for myself has put me off going forever has i ended up in hospital for 4 days has the nurse found my illness using the NHS web site and got my diagnosis all wrong, and was not listening to what medication i was already on and saying it will be fine, and he never really looked at me even thou i had rashes all over, i was told it was chicken pox when it was not, later in the day we had to ring 999 has i got very ill. This is the first time i have ever been and the nurse using the internet to try and find out what was up. The DR's was not to pleased when told about it when i was rushed into hospital. I have never even hear of Broad lane one till today, but if it is better then Hallamshire one i give it a try, I am not 100% sure where it is, but the trusty internet will help me.

I have always found the walk-in place at the hallamshire very good - I have had to use it a couple of times, although I got a shock once - went in as I couldnt get a GP appointment and my leg was hurting a stupid amount, ended up being admitted and having emergency surgery a few hours later (would have been straight away except I ate before I went up there!) and staying in hospital nearly a week. So yeah, I have found it quite useful. As others have said I would worry that a move away from the hospitals would delay treatment, and also cost more eg taxis or ambulances to move people who needed to be admitted. Also, I am concerned that others say this broad lane place is a private place, contracted out. Not happy if that is true.

I went once and got directed to A&E at the Northern General. It's hard knowing where to go in the first place.

Generally I phone NHS direct first before going out but sometimes they can be difficult to reach.

The Hallamshire walk in centre has always been excellent when ive used it, which in total now is about six times. The female nurses are lovely, as are the receptionists. However, the male nurse who works in there has a serious problem in dealing with patients. He's as miserable as sin, and he grunts questions at you with zero interest. Ive always been polite to him if ive had to deal with him and he still looks at you as if youve just burgled his house!!

It's not often i take a disliking to a member of the nhs staff...trust me i have to use hospitals every week for treatment, but this guy is just horrible, so much so id rather wait an extra 5 hours a the NGH than meet with him again. Other than that the walk in centre has always been great.

Am I right in thinking that the walk in centre at Broad Lane is the One-Medicare GP centre. If so, is that where the Hallamshire walk-in patients will be going when it closes the walk-in centre there?

The Hallamshire walk in centre has always been excellent when ive used it, which in total now is about six times. The female nurses are lovely, as are the receptionists. However, the male nurse who works in there has a serious problem in dealing with patients. He's as miserable as sin, and he grunts questions at you with zero interest. Ive always been polite to him if ive had to deal with him and he still looks at you as if youve just burgled his house!!

It's not often i take a disliking to a member of the nhs staff...trust me i have to use hospitals every week for treatment, but this guy is just horrible, so much so id rather wait an extra 5 hours a the NGH than meet with him again. Other than that the walk in centre has always been great.

There's a few different male nurses working there! Also, I think they use agency nurses too.

Am I right in thinking that the walk in centre at Broad Lane is the One-Medicare GP centre. If so, is that where the Hallamshire walk-in patients will be going when it closes the walk-in centre there?

I'm not sure that NHS Sheffield have decided what they are doing there yet. There was a public consultation on the website a couple of months ago.

I'm not sure that NHS Sheffield have decided what they are doing there yet. There was a public consultation on the website a couple of months ago.

You can have a look at the results of the consultation on our website here http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/consultations/walkin/

Went to the rockingham house nhs centre (broad lane] on tuesday with a ear infection was in and out within 20 mins with a script for anti biotics, better than my own surgery with an apointment

well i went and it took me anhour 2 get seen