Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday - matchthread

It already has, but I know what you mean.

It's funny how nerves don't set in until you're above your rivals. United have had that to contend with for most of the season. Credit it to them they've handled it well. It's Wednesday's turn now.

I'm already feeling the nerves for the Wycombe game.

Nowt's won yet, and we've lost at Hillsborough to worse teams than Wycombe over the years.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Manchester United 2 Blackburn 3

THAT'S just one reason why I (and I suggest all Owls fans) must keep calm, and don't count any chickens just yet.

Great result at Brentford though, it's never an easy place to go.

I'm proud of the way the players have handled things so far this season.

They've gobsmacked me more than once over the last couple of months, and I hope we now get a great, last final 96 minute push from them.

Whatever happens, we deserve to go up.

We live in hope.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

All we and the players can do this week is keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Im pretty sure they are more than capable of seeing the job through,this should be our last game of the season in front of a big crowd against a poor team who have nowt to play for,not getting carried away [ watched the owls too long for that] but cant see owt else but a decent size win and a fantastic day .

Im pretty sure they are more than capable of seeing the job through,this should be our last game of the season in front of a big crowd against a poor team who have nowt to play for,not getting carried away [ watched the owls too long for that] but cant see owt else but a decent size win and a fantastic day .

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wycombe score, Beavon looks a real threat, and the owls players wouldn't be human if they didn't think the last game should be an easy victory.

The owls did struggle against Walsall when they expected to win easily, but the owls losing next week is less likely than Evans playing at Exeter on Saturday!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wycombe score, Beavon looks a real threat, and the owls players wouldn't be human if they didn't think the last game should be an easy victory.

The owls did struggle against Walsall when they expected to win easily, but the owls losing next week is less likely than Evans playing at Exeter on Saturday!

Cant argue with any of that.

To be honest Exeter haven't got the worst home record

Won 8, Drawn 7 and lost 7.

Not that we should need help of course! :suspect:

Not the best performance yesterday, rode our luck but got the points. kept saying 'cant see us scoring more than one here' got that wrong! Thought United would beat Stevenage got that wrong!

Put £5 on Llera to score anytime and Wednesday to win at 10/1 and £2 on Brentford to score a penalty at 8/1 got that right!

Got to give credit where its due weds kept the pressure on us week after week and its paid of just at the right time ..I felt totally deflated yesterday but no denying you truly deserve to be where u are ..

Cant see any final twists happening :( so once more well done lads enjoy...

alan..