Businesses on London Road

i cant see why the council are to blame if they refuse they are accused of not being business friendly if they allow it they are accused of ruining the area.

bottom line if you have a good business model and sell something people require you will survive if you dont then you will fail thats business/competition

I totally understand what you are saying but when every single shop that is opened or taken over is selling the same wares . As I said we have had our business for 16 yrs . When we took over there was a variety of businesses which drew people to the area from outside e.g. Taylor's fabric shop,craft shops etc. now its virtually just eateries . When the student flats were built £ signs appeared in the eyes of landlords thinking they would be cash cows but it's not worked out like that! Its telling you something when not even Greggs could make it pay . As I said too many similar places with too few customers . So many people have been made redundant over the past few years . We lost 50% of our customer base overnight through redundancy ,these bulidings have been replaced by student accommodation !

I don't think London road has ever been hip or trendy and for me the last time it was thriving was the late 80s early 90s when it was a good pub crawl ending with either a night in the Locarno or the china gardens or a kebab and and a taxi home

:):):);):):)