Peter Sarstedt RIP

Sad news that Peter Sarstedt singer of 'Where did you go to my lovely?' has passed away.

A one-hit wonder, but what a song, what a wonderful piece of music.

R.I.P.

sad to hear, 'Where do you go to my lovely' was a very haunting song because of the last line - '..because I can see into your head'

I haven't got the single but have put it on forums

There was something about him on TV last year,I didn't watch it too closely but apparently he never pursued a career as a singer.However he really liked this song and his brother (Eden Kane ) persuaded him to release it and it was a huge success, but he never bothered to follow it up.I don't know what career he did pursue. Eden Kane did of course have singing success,one of his hits being " Forget me not".

There was something about him on TV last year,I didn't watch it too closely but apparently he never pursued a career as a singer.However he really liked this song and his brother (Eden Kane ) persuaded him to release it and it was a huge success, but he never bothered to follow it up.I don't know what career he did pursue. Eden Kane did of course have singing success,one of his hits being " Forget me not".

He had another top ten hit called Frozen Orange Juice. He also wrote and recorded 12 albums before becoming ill. This info is in the press release of his death, not me being a know it all lol

He had another top ten hit called Frozen Orange Juice...

That's on the B-side of my single, so I guess I have a reissue, not the original that I bet Mel has.

That's on the B-side of my single, so I guess I have a reissue, not the original that I bet Mel has.

Probably is a re issue, very popular song spanning a couple of generations. I had an album (vinyl) with both songs on . I got it at a jumble sale type of affair, no idea where it got to.