Vauxhall Zafira Problem

It has never been in accident and never driven badly and it as not got excessive mileage. the oil and water were checked perodically also IT as not been repaired yet this is the purpose of the post

I believe you:) Just trying to explain why these things sometimes take a little time.

Only so many places the water can go..

Either into the cylinders and out the exhaust

Into the Crankcase

Or a leak from the radiator, hoses or waterpump

If the water you topped the car up didnt leak straight out the bottom, it kind of suggests something more sinister.

All the dashlights probably came on as a result of the engine stopping (like they do when you turn on the ignition but dont start the car), sounds like you were lucky to get to a garage before it died.

It could be that the headgasket blew (due to a manufacturing fault) or worse still the cylinder head failing, again as a result of a manufacturing failure.

Either way, if its that new it should be their problem, not yours

Just noticed something in your post the engine was still running when all the lights came on

the car finally got sorted by vauxhall

new engine new radiator new ignition coil new oil sensor and finally a new ems

It was a diesel then? :suspect:

*begins worrying about ours*

hi ive got a vauxhall zafira 1.6 x reg having problems with little or no power i have recently had a full new exhaust fitted and its like the exhaust is blocked its sucking air heavily through the carb no power when i put my food down even at low speeds but tick over is fine ive chanced the air flow meter - lamba sensor and epu valve still no difference please help im pulling my hair out !

Was it OK before the new exhaust was fitted?

If so it could be a partial blockage in the new system.

Did you have a new cat' fitted as part of the exhaust? Often a blocked cat can cause these kind of issues.

thanks we have said the cat was blocked from the start we had no problems b4 the exhaust was fitted and it had a full exhaust including cat fitted at savoy took it back to them and they say theres nothing wrong with it

well we have changed the exhaust and the problem is still there still doing exactley the same no power so its something else any ideas any1 ?

hi ive got a vauxhall zafira 1.6 x reg having problems with little or no power i have recently had a full new exhaust fitted and its like the exhaust is blocked its sucking air heavily through the carb no power when i put my food down even at low speeds but tick over is fine ive chanced the air flow meter - lamba sensor and epu valve still no difference please help im pulling my hair out !

Sucking noise suggests that it's not fueling properly, opening up the throttle lets in air but doesnt add enough fuel...

Start simple, changing fuel filter etc...

Vauxhalls are also prone to malfunctioning Crankshaft sensors that don't always get the engine management light to come on.

Probably cheaper to take it to a decent garage than changing everything!

tryed the fuel filter still the same any more ideas any one ?

tryed the fuel filter still the same any more ideas any one ?

Could be the EGR valve, google "Zafira EGR valve" or something like that. These things are notorious for causing running problems (from lots of different manufacturers)...You could try cleaning all the crud from it, replacing it (££) or blanking the thing off (may need to go to a dealer to get its function disabled in the ECU though).