Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Hacksaw Ridge 10/10

Brilliant film. Violent and gory, yet emotional and thought provoking.

Agree with you Nikki

10/10

I've never seen scenes so graphic

A brilliant film and I thoroughly recommend it unless you have a weak stomach

Girl on the train . 5/10 average film. saw the ending a mile off

Girl on the train . 5/10 average film. saw the ending a mile off

Which Station would that be?:bigsmile:

Why do you always have to steam in :hihi:

I'm an old train spotter, can't help myself.;)

Hacksaw Ridge,9/10,great film,Vince Vaughn was funny too.

A Cure for Wellness. 7/10

There aren't many 18 rated films these days, and I do get why this is but theres a couple of bits that are just wrong and could've easily been left out.

I enjoyed it but came out of the cinema thinking along the lines of 'what just happened!!?!!'

They did drag it out a bit too, but as I said I did enjoy it and would say it's worth a watch.

A Cure for Wellness. 7/10

There aren't many 18 rated films these days, and I do get why this is but theres a couple of bits that are just wrong and could've easily been left out.

I enjoyed it but came out of the cinema thinking along the lines of 'what just happened!!?!!'

They did drag it out a bit too, but as I said I did enjoy it and would say it's worth a watch.

I want to see this. I heard that is similar to Shutter Island.

Patriots Day

An issue with films based on real events is that we already know the outcome. For example, we know that the Titanic sank and that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour. This film is about the bombings at the Boston Marathon in 2013 and the subsequent search for the killers.

Film makers can either stay true to the events and adopt a documentary approach or, as in the case of Titanic and Pearl Harbour, insert a fictional back story (usually a love story) into the narrative. This approach worked in the case of Titanic, but was a resounding failure in the case of Pearl Harbour.

Patriots Day sticks mainly to the story of what happened, but annoyingly inserts an entirely fictional 'hero' into the plot, played by Mark Wahlberg. Wahlberg is in my view a preening egotistical jerk with very limited acting ability. Needless to say, he pops up everywhere where the action is, which devalues the film in my view, because all of the other main characters are based on real people.

Apart from the egregious Wahlberg, the film is pretty good, particularly in the scenes following the bombings and the search for the perpetrators.

6 /10 (8 if Wahlberg had not been in it).

Fences 10/10

Pretty much a faultless film with electric performances from the cast, especially Denzel Washington and Viola Davis.

I'm sure some people can reflect a part of their lives in this film.

Spirited Away - seen it a couple of times before but still really enjoyed it. Knocks the spots off most animation, it really creates its own vivid world. 8/10

Spirited Away - seen it a couple of times before but still really enjoyed it. Knocks the spots off most animation, it really creates its own vivid world. 8/10

I've always liked Studio Ghibli, but for some reason, I could never get into that one.

Last film I saw was Kingsman The Secret Service. 8 out of 10. I wouldn't mind a umbrella like the one Colin Firth has in the film!