Filling Key for Worcester Bosch Boiler

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out thier can help me or make suggestions to the following. I have a 28CDI Boiler, which keeps losing pressure (another story I know) anyway, in order to fill boiler to with water to regain pressure you need the white plastic filling key which opens the valve to let water in etc. When I insert my current key and lock it into place and turn anti-clockwise it no longer opens the valve, therefore cannot fill the tank up etc. Having looked closely at the key it has 2 plastic pins which should lock onto the valve, they look worn to me could this be the problem ie they are not catching to lock on the valve, if so is this a normal problem and does anyone know where I can by a new key to try etc. Also changed the rubber washes on the key just in case but made no difference. The key is def not catching the locks. Any ideas folks. Garry

The purpose of the key for the filling link is to bridge the gap between domestic cold water and the central heating system and allow water to pass through, if no water is passing through there could be a blockage on link itself, or the screw you turn to let the water through isn't doing so.

I suggest you undo the nut slightly without the key in, have a jug ready underneath, and see if any water comes out through where the key goes.

The plastic key just does half of it.

In addition you also need to turn an adjacent small knob which turns on the water.

cheers guys for the prompt replies! I have tried to fill the tank with with the knob next to the filling key and water is spilling all over the place and therefore not going in the tank. Which makes me think the valve is not locking off when I use the filling key. Any others suggestions, I was thinking of just buying another plastic key which will probably have to buy from Worcester bosch.

Try looking on ebay. I'm sure I saw some on there last week.

If not, I think ebay gives a link to worcester spares.

You may find 'minor leak sealant' will cure the pressure loss.

cheers guys for the prompt replies! I have tried to fill the tank with with the knob next to the filling key and water is spilling all over the place and therefore not going in the tank. Which makes me think the valve is not locking off when I use the filling key. Any others suggestions, I was thinking of just buying another plastic key which will probably have to buy from Worcester bosch.

I wouldnt have thought you would have to buy the part from bosch. I have just looked at a 28CDI and it has a universal filling loop kit fitted.

If you try this item number on ebay 120207078556 you should find a pair for sale.

Cheers Guys, you are stars!

I've been having the same trouble with the same model boiler. In the end, after i half demolished the kitchen and took it to pieces, the plumbr had just installed it with a universal filling loop, in the cupboard belown the boiler- it didnt have on it the component into which the key goes. I spent so many hours looking for where on earth to find the part of the boiler illustrated in the manual.

However, is it possible to have BOTH the universal filling loop AND the bosch key operated filling link ('integral filling loop'??) If it is, i imagine the valved on the universal loop need to be open as well to ensure that the mains water is getting to the integral bit (ie bit with key)

But basically it sounds like your key is knackered.

The new key has sorted it! Thank God! Thanks for the advice guys.