Stretched ears and unstretching ears

OK

So ive had stretched ears for the last 6 years. Now im older i like my stretched ears but ive realised the damage i may have done to my ears and although i like my plugs i would like to unstretch them before its too late.

My sister unstretched hers and they look ok.. small hole.. but hers were not too big and she only had them for less than 2 yrs.

Im wondering if anyones let their stretched ears go back to normal? Mine are pretty big.. i havent bought new plugs in about 4 yrs but i think they are either 0 gauge or 00.. whatevers bigger.

If i do take them out i am going to do it very gradually and buy a size smaller plug each time (every couple of months). Will this work?

Getting surgery isnt an option for me. I would prefer too keep my plugs in.

How many people pulled their ear lobes when reading this?

Sorry, I've no idea about ear stretching.

i think your stuffed mate its hard to think why people do it in the first place i mean when you did it did you not think im gonna look like this when im a grandad do i really want to??

Reversing irreparable damage Without surgery? Nope, can't be done.

I didnt think at all... thats the problem.

I can understand why any normal person wouldnt understand this at all.

I dont regret it now but i might when i take them out and my ears look like a cats rear end.

so can a professional piercer answer this thread or someone whose had the same experience...

Have you got those wooden discs inserted like that tribe in the Amazon and have you got one in your bottom lip that is ideal to rest your pizza on...and pray tell have you got all those brass rings around your neck so that you look like a giraffe......Is it me/

There are a few forum threads discussing this. I searched 'flesh tunnels shrink' on google, several hits on the first page.

From anecdotal reports in these threads, it seems to be possible for some people, though there is no appreciable consensus on the best technique.

Seriously .. why would people want to stretch their ears? Have I missed something here?

OK

So ive had stretched ears for the last 6 years. Now im older i like my stretched ears but ive realised the damage i may have done to my ears and although i like my plugs i would like to unstretch them before its too late.

My sister unstretched hers and they look ok.. small hole.. but hers were not too big and she only had them for less than 2 yrs.

Im wondering if anyones let their stretched ears go back to normal? Mine are pretty big.. i havent bought new plugs in about 4 yrs but i think they are either 0 gauge or 00.. whatevers bigger.

If i do take them out i am going to do it very gradually and buy a size smaller plug each time (every couple of months). Will this work?

Getting surgery isnt an option for me. I would prefer too keep my plugs in.

A few years ago i had 18mm stretches in each ear which i had for around 5 years, i took them out [putting smaller plugs in so as not to horrify people with my ears] and they shrunk down no problem, just do the same as you did when you were stretching, rub with almond oil or similiar [the oil has no benefit but massaging the lobe stimulates blood flow etc]

I then stretched my ears again to 10mm [00 gauge] and shrunk them again successfully and now im in the process of stretching again!

When i say they shrunk successfully, they didnt fully heal but i ended up with about 2mm holes in each ear, so only about 1mm bigger than a regular earring stud =]

i hope that helps, message me if you want to ask me anything!

I didnt think at all... thats the problem.

I can understand why any normal person wouldnt understand this at all.

I dont regret it now but i might when i take them out and my ears look like a cats rear end.

so can a professional piercer answer this thread or someone whose had the same experience...

ive got to ask but HOW DO YOU STRETCH YOUR EARS. i have big ears, well not massive but i cant remember stretching them, my BIG Brother use to pull my ears, so i blame him

tavie chain- very helpful thanks.. im not too bothered about having a small hole in my ears at all. will start the process in a couple of months i think. I have good ears, no problems with scar tissue etc and i stretched mine at a good rate with no blow outs so im hoping i should be one of the lucky people that it works for. Plus when ive taken them out in the past or theyve fell out the hole closed quite quickly. I will be sad to see them go but i dont want to have them for so long that the hole wont close up what so ever!