Bank Holiday Bus Services

Hi, I've done a search on here and checked SYPTE website but I can't find out what sort of bus services will be running on Good Friday, the weekend and Bank Holiday Monday.

I know the timetables are sometimes changed to a Saturday or Sunday service, I'm just not sure on which days what level of service will be available.

Does anyone know?

i presume the bank holiday's will run as a sunday service...?

That's what I thought but when I asked for timetables enquiries on the transport website for Good Friday, normal service times came up, which can't be right surely :confused:

I always assumed Good Friday was a sort of bank holiday.

it has done that for me before, when i was searching for the bus services over xmas.

You might be best to ring up and check, just to be safe

Don't know about buses, but trams are operating a normal service except on Bank Holiday Monday, which will operate a Sunday service.

May end up doing just that, don't fancy standing at the bus stop for ages if it is only a Sunday service on Friday and Monday :(

Bus services this Friday are mainly a saturday service

SOUTH YORKSHIRE EASTER BANK HOLIDAY TRAVEL INFORMATION

6 April 2006

Transport bosses would like to remind passengers there will be slight changes to bus, train and tram times over the Easter Bank Holidays.

* Good Friday 14 April - all buses, trains and trams will operate a normal Monday to Friday service with the exception of First Group and Yorkshire Terrier, who will be operating a Saturday service.

* Easter Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 April - all buses, trains and trams will operate a normal Saturday/Sunday service. ? Easter Monday 17 April all buses, trains and trams will operate a Sunday service.

* Easter Tuesday 18 April - all buses, trains and trams will operate a normal Monday to Friday service with the exception of Yorkshire Terrier who will be operating a Saturday service.

For those people who want to venture out into the Peak District this Easter, the Peak Park special Summer Sunday services will also be running throughout the day on Sunday 16 and Easter Monday 17 April.

Please note - rail services within South Yorkshire will operate as normal. However there will be engineering works on the Pontefract to Knottingley service between Moorthorpe and Sherburn-in-Elmet over the Easter weekend.

Anyone wishing to travel out of the county are advised to check with National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 before travelling.

For all the latest travel information call the Transport Executive's Traveline on 01709 51 51 51. Staff will be on hand throughout the weekend to provide travel information for all public transport. Traveline is open from 07:00 - 22:00 every day.

Alternatively you can log on to http://www.sypte.co.uk/journeyplanner

Thanks guys, knew there would be someone on the Forum who could help!