Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Ghostbusters (the new one). (Spoilers ahead)

I don't know what to make of it. It started badly and pitched and rolled along for the rest of the film. The start also felt a bit like bridesmaids - lots of sketches bolted together - I had the check Kristen Whig hadn't wrote it. It got darker as it went along, darker than the original in my view. Some interesting cameos but I'm not sure they needed to drag what's left of the original cast in - it smacked of desperation to me. The four leads were good and it gave it a slightly different slant without making the point too obvious and hemsworth was ok too. Still a bit disjointed and not a patch on the original but not awful. 6.5/10

I wont bother with this one and despite a few attempts I cannot get to like the original.

I wonder..future Tony Montana..will it be mexican or east european.

Resident evil 2016 - 2/10, series went downhill

Vladimir Montana sounds about right. Putin will get the part for sure ,if he auditions . :cool:

Death Race 2050 7.5/10

Ridiculous, cheesy, gory low budget nonsense but I actually quite enjoyed it!

I know you like good British (war) films Mr. T. Just watched again 'The Man Who Never Was'.

Remember that one, a British sub drops off a body with so called (false) secret information to be washed up on a German occupied beach, ,somewhere.

Remember that one, a British sub drops off a body with so called (false) secret information to be washed up on a German occupied beach, ,somewhere.

Yes Mr. T. The beach was in north west Spain, a neutral country during WW2 but frequented by 'visiting agents'. Great ploy (that worked) by British military intelligence and had a more than positive effect for the allies. Great film but alas for some film goers, there are no high speed car chases or inflamed buses turning upside down, nothing gets blown up and no one in close screen (or anywhere else) is shot in the forehead !

Edited by stpetre
Add

I wont bother with this one and despite a few attempts I cannot get to like the original.

you dont like the original ghostbusters????

i know youre an owl and stuff but...............GET OUT!!! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 11:13 ----------

Death Race 2050 7.5/10

Ridiculous, cheesy, gory low budget nonsense but I actually quite enjoyed it!

thats the remake? love the original, never really given the remake a chance but maybe i should LOL

thats the remake? love the original, never really given the remake a chance but maybe i should LOL

Yeah, it was released earlier this year I believe.

No mate I've watched it once in the 80's and hated it, watched again about 10yrs ago and still couldn't warm to it. I'd give it another go but don't hold out much hope.

The Age of Shadows - 7.5/10 (-0.5 for being slightly too long)

Spy thriller from Kim Jee-woon set in 1920s Japan-occupied Korea about a group of Korean resistance fighters trying to import explosives from Shanghai whilst the Japanese Police try to destroy their resistance cell.

Maybe not the most original film ever (especially if you've seen a lot of WW2 Resistance movies) but lavishly staged, solidly entertaining and the whole train sequence is great.

Can't for the life of me think why something like this gets minimal screenings at weird times whilst garbage like CHiPS gets multiple screenings... Same thing happened with Train to Busan and that was better than most recent Hollywood blockbusters.

Arrival 9/10

Very well done first contact sci-fi with some thinking required.

Kon-Tiki - 7/10 - True story of Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahls attempts to prove his theories, very well made.

Alien 2& 4 , 10/10

Warning up for alien covenant. That's how they did SF

back in the day, no pseudo science fiction, just Ripley, aliens, flamethrowers, hand grenades,lost of guns= pure fun