Food to build a dog up

Harvey my crestie has always been a skinny dog, but recently has got more so. He's going to the vets next week, but in the mean time what can I get to help build him up?

I had a similar problem with my JRT n i gave her puppy food as it contains a lot more calories for growing dogs.

I hope everything goes well at the vets.

avoid tin food go for dry working dog food

I feed a complete food, as everything else I tried runs through him, having a sensitive tummy

Tripe puts weight on dogs, but it smells a wee bit :D it is also very light and digestible so long as you start with tiny amounts as you would any different foods if he has a sensitive tummy.

Which dried food are you on? Burns do a working dog food called High Energy Lamb which is suitable for working dogs and those in recovery from illness if they need to gain weight. Burns Nutrition is a fabulous resource and they are happy to advise without being pushy.

0800 0836686

Its Webbox complete, anything else makes him pooh for england

Burns made him poo? Thats unusual if anything they poo less and its hard. If you do go for Burns you need to feed Burns and Burns only as the odd titbit will cancel out the good that Burns does, therefore wasting your money. I dont know much about Webbox tbh, but if the ingredients are a low meat content and made up with derevitives then your dog wont put weight on without having to feed mountains of it.

I haven't tried Burns, I tried a lot of others though

Give them a ring Peaches it costs nowt and then you can decide whats best.

If you decide to go with it then check out the website for a list of stockists in your area. I am at Dinnington which is probably too far, but there is sure to be one near you.

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk