CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

I have a set of webcams, internal, pointing out and uploading images to a NAS (which to be fair could be stolen if someone knew what they were doing).

If I could be bothered I could configure it to upload to the cloud, and I DO have the ability to monitor the cameras and recorded video remotely.

I know a few people who've got them installed, they all are very happy with them.

I think alot of the time it brings back that sense of security that was robbed from you when a stranger broke into your house.

Thanks cyclone and geared. I know you can also get false or mock security cameras can't you ?

My friend on the next road had burglars last week and although she has a burglar alarm she forgot to switch it on when she went out. She is now thinking of having security cameras installed . I think she will be shocked at the price of supplying and fitting. Has anyone already got these cameras and are they worth it ? Your advice would be welcome.

If she didn't switch on her alarm , is she going to remember to check to see if the cameras are working if she had them ? They can fail ! Better to spend the money on physical security and set the alarm !

And as cyclone has pointed out they may take the recorder as well

Edited by alarmingmark

I bought mine off Amazon last year and installed the system myself, It was easy to fit as well and I was surprised of the quality of the pictures especially at night where the images are clear.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4-Channel-Hi-Resolution-Weatherproof-4CH-4X-1TB-pre-installed/dp/B013SKFHV0/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1459525521&sr=8-11&keywords=cctv+camera+systems

My friend on the next road had burglars last week and although she has a burglar alarm she forgot to switch it on when she went out. She is now thinking of having security cameras installed . I think she will be shocked at the price of supplying and fitting. Has anyone already got these cameras and are they worth it ? Your advice would be welcome.

Costco have a 4 camera 702 HD set up with 1tb hard rive in store for £215.98 until this Sunday. Remote viewing on mobile or tablet etc and lifetime support.

I'm looking at some cammy ones £7.50 per month per camera, there monitored with alerts to your phone and live viewing, all images are stored on the cloud and you can access and control it from your mobile phone

You will need to read this guide if you install cameras on your house https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

On my daily visits I see cameras on houses and have come to a chilling side conclusion that they are also used to control the occupants in the house to see if they go out or have visitors. You have to think what are the cameras for and what do they say when they are up. A crime ridden area or the home of a controlling abuser?

You will need to read this guide if you install cameras on your house https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

On my daily visits I see cameras on houses and have come to a chilling side conclusion that they are also used to control the occupants in the house to see if they go out or have visitors. You have to think what are the cameras for and what do they say when they are up. A crime ridden area or the home of a controlling abuser?

My bold=

How exactly do you come to this side conclusion?

hi i am thinking of putting cctv up externally outside my house, looking for around 3 cameras decent quality, any of you got any advice on what system i should go for and a rough price if you have had CCTV fitted?

thanks

I just bought one of these for £450 off another seller on EBay, HD quality that records sound as well= http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWANN-SWNVK-872854-8-CHANNEL-1080P-HD-NVR-2TB-CCTV-KIT-4-BULLET-CAMERAS-IP66-/222069521971?hash=item33b45ffe33:g:kpoAAOSwJQdW-79i

Or people wanting to protect there property with piece of mind ?

I live in a decent area and have had 4 cameras up for years and they seem ti do the trick as things have happend to neighbours but not me but it could also be my 4 staffys that help as well !!

Make sure they only view your own land as had the police at my house checking as neighbours didnt like it.

Edited by Starlc