How to check someones criminal record?

Get someone to pretend to be the man and ask for a Police Check from the police station. Used to cost £10 when I did it 10 years ago. Might be more now.

Needs to go to your home address...

Get someone to pretend to be the man and ask for a Police Check from the police station. Used to cost £10 when I did it 10 years ago. Might be more now.

That's the only way. An FOI/DPA request, but it has to be agreed by him, and sent to his house.

Solicitors only get their clients previous convictions in relation to a current case. If you know the date of the last case, a solicitor can call the Court records and ask for details, but you wouldnt be able to directly.

He has no friends, no job, even his own son and daughter and parents dont like him, he is a vile lazy man

Aside from the above...why the need to know? The fact you already know he's been in prison.Why the need for details?

let your sister make her own decisions. i agree with you it sounds like he is a waste of space and no you wouldm't want that for your sister, however if she finds out you have been meddling behind her back about her future husband the consequences on your part copuld be alot worse. just be there for her if things go wrong. if you still want to ahead and do this a solicitor is probably the best option

If your sister knows all this, and if they are getting married Im pretty sure she might do, then its her decision. Just dont interfere and alienate her to the point she might not come to you when she needs help. Hard as it is let her get on with it and be there if it goes wrong for her.

You could ring Jeremy Kyle.

Some women out there would not be happy with anyone other than a total loser. I have first hand experience of this, my former best mate is one of these women. I spent hours of sleepless nights wondering what the hell she saw in this good for nothing bum. Thats the only answer they actually like bums. They wouldn't settle for anything less.

There's no legal way for you to get hold of his record.

Yes my sister has a track record for finding losers, but this one is the worst one yet! i dispise him and my sister knows that, no one in our family want her to marry him even his own parents said my sister shouldnt marry him but i think she thinks its what she should do they have a child together and a house so i think she thinks its just the next step! very silly, hes not worked for nearly a year, doesnt wash, clean his teeth or help with the child and has no ambition or "go" in him and he likes a drink ( too much) hes vile!

Yes my sister has a track record for finding losers, but this one is the worst one yet! i dispise him and my sister knows that, no one in our family want her to marry him even his own parents said my sister shouldnt marry him but i think she thinks its what she should do they have a child together and a house so i think she thinks its just the next step! very silly, hes not worked for nearly a year, doesnt wash, clean his teeth or help with the child and has no ambition or "go" in him and he likes a drink ( too much) hes vile!

Sorry...that would be the clincher for me....she must be as hacky as him. :gag:

There's no legal way for you to get hold of his record.

...other than offering him a job, requiring him to prove he has a clean record, giving him the tenner (or however much it costs nowadays) to go to the police station and get a copy of his own record then waiting for it.

Edited by Rupert_Baehr
forgot to quote!

I have been in a similar situation before and the best thing to do is stay out of it, thats what i did. Because no matter what you think, she obviously loves him and would sadly probably pick him over you. Women like this are delusional and like being with losers, its sad. Just leave her to it and be there for her when you have to pick up the pieces.

At the end of the day you cant make someone elses decisions for them.

If they are living together and have a child together then i dont see how them getting married makes much difference...They have a child already, she will be tied to him forever now in one way or another.

On finding out about his criminal record- ask his mum in private. Simple.