Vaillant EcoTech Pro 28 with error code of F75. Any help?

Got up this morning and theres no hot water and theres an error message on the boiler saying F75. Does anyone know if this is fixable ourselves or if we'll have to call someone out?

Still got heating though thankfully but cant believe this has happened now! Any ideas how much it could cost to fix if we need to call someone? Looking on the website it appears that we're just out of the 1 year warranty for the EcoTech Pro as it was installed on the 3/12/08 how annoying!!

Hi there i have the same boiler and an F75 is "no pressure rise detedted on turning on the pump" ,the possible causes for this are the water pressure sensor and/or pump are defective, air in the heating system(quick bleeder defective),too little water in appliance;check adjustable bypass;connect external expansion vessel to return. This is the info in the boiler manual anyway so you could try blleding all the rads for a start,hope this helps if not you need a gas safe registered plumber to come and sort it.

At the moment don't bleed the rads. Can you let me know what bar pressure is in the boiler....it should be 1.0 bar.

F75 sometimes comes up instead of F22. Usually means low water pressure detected by a sensor next to the pump. try topping it up with some water first. Use the inbuilt filling valves or the silver braided filling loop

It says 1.7 for pressure so I think the pressures fine, also correction on the info above we dont have heating as ive just noticed all the rads are going cold so no heating or water.

Do you think we should call someone out? Will it be expensive?

May be a stuck pump then...try this for me. turn boiler off at main switch on front of boiler. Then go and run a hot water tap, then back to boiler and switch it on. Then press the "i" button and a S code will come up. Tell me the S code

also the boilers now making a really awful noise like its trying to start up but cant should i turn it off?

That means your water pressure sensor hasn't sensed a pressure rise. So it is either a faulty water pressure sensor or a stuck pump. Booth easy enough to fix as sometimes its due to an airlock, but i'm not in Sheffield until Tuesday.

May have to get one of the other guys off here in to fix it.

Leave the hot tap running and turn it off and on a few times at the boiler main switch -- if it is air or stuck pump may free it up. If after 2 or 3 times u still getting F75 then need someone out.

also the boilers now making a really awful noise like its trying to start up but cant should i turn it off?

Yes.... sounds like i said...stuck pump, water pressure switch and/or airlock

Thanks! I've tried that and the fault code hasnt come back on as yet and the hot waters back working and the heating phew but the boilers still making a weird sound like a whirring noise. Should we just wait to see if it breaks again before asking someone to see it or try and found out the cause of the noise?

My mates had this problem couple of weeks ago (F75), ended up fitting new pump but at least it is working now

My mates had this problem couple of weeks ago (F75), ended up fitting new pump but at least it is working now

i am sure you these inside out now:hihi: