Cheap wedding dress

hi anyone know best place to look for a not so expensive dress:)

Bhs and Next do really good ones, some one told me that Asda had some really lovely ones too.

I got my bridesmaid dresses from next and they were gorgeous and cheap, about £40 each for the toddler sizes.

Depends on how far u want to travel but there is a Berketex factory shop in Grantham - Lincs that does cheap dresses. I got my bridesmaid dresses from there and they were only about £70.00 each. had to get cheaper dresses for them cos mine cost a small fortune!!!!

If you're not necessarily looking for a white dress then look at bridesmaid dresses, they are cheaper, still wedding-y and you can get them from most wedding dress shops. I also looked in Monsoon, they have some gorgeous dresses!!!

EDIT: forgot to mention, you can always try the traditional shops, go in, tell them your budget and ask to see what they have :)

You may also wanna try TK Maxx, TJ Huges.

Would you consider wearing a second hand dress? You could get a great condition designer dress for a fraction of the original price.

I know this because I keep trying to sell mine! I paid £800 for it and I'm selling it for less than £200. It was worn for a total of 13 hours and has been dry cleaned and looks like new. If your a size 14-16, send me a PM! (Cheeky I know! ) :hihi:

http://www.confetti.co.uk has a great online 'for sale' forum where brides advertise their dresses and I think there's also one on http://www.hitched.co.uk

we just got my other halfs dress from barnsley at a place called bridal direct they sell dresses new which retail at about £350 for about £180 and others from about £50 all new and good quality its on market street

It depends on if you are wanting new or secondhand.

My wife has a Size 12 dress that is a coture (sp?) dress by Diane's of sheffield.

It is made of double silk and the material alone cost us £900.

Total cost including veil was £1700.

we dont want anywhere near that amount.8)

I have a pic available if you are interested. Just PM me.:thumbsup:

thanks

thats a great help

which asda has dresses

If you aren't fussy that the dress has been pre-owned, why not try Oxfam (particularlty at Broomhill) they often have a nice selection of pre-owned wedding dresses.

You will also have the nice, warm, fluffy feeling, that you've helped put money into a worthy charity's coffers.

PT

Depends on how far u want to travel but there is a Berketex factory shop in Grantham - Lincs that does cheap dresses. I got my bridesmaid dresses from there and they were only about £70.00 each. had to get cheaper dresses for them cos mine cost a small fortune!!!!

TJ Hughes have a small Berketex outlet although some of the stuff is seconds.

Ask Strix if you can buy hers, it was plastic, ooops, sorry I mean leather:hihi:

JUST Kiddin Strix:)