Frying Steak - Recipe Ideas Please

I have a couple of packs of frying steak that were reduced so I snaffled them and put them in my freezer thinking I would have them midweek with a bit of veg.

It has now come to the weekend and I still have them but am now thinking of doing something a bit more inventive with them, maybe rolling them with some stuffing and frying them or something.

Any inventive ideas out there? It seems a bit boring just to fry them

I have a couple of packs of frying steak that were reduced so I snaffled them and put them in my freezer thinking I would have them midweek with a bit of veg.

It has now come to the weekend and I still have them but am now thinking of doing something a bit more inventive with them, maybe rolling them with some stuffing and frying them or something.

Any inventive ideas out there? It seems a bit boring just to fry them

Frying steak is usually as tough as old boots. Mince them and make burgers.

I usually cut into really thin strips, then fry for just a couple of minutes with some terriake marinade. Then take it out of the pan and fry up some onions and mushrooms with a bit more of the marinade.

Then once all that's cooked, put it in a nice long bread roll (one of those long submarine type ones) top with loads of lettuce and tomatoes. Then top it off with mayonaise and a bit of mozzerella cheese. DELICIOUS.

I usually cut into really thin strips, then fry for just a couple of minutes with some terriake marinade. Then take it out of the pan and fry up some onions and mushrooms with a bit more of the marinade.

Then once all that's cooked, put it in a nice long bread roll (one of those long submarine type ones) top with loads of lettuce and tomatoes. Then top it off with mayonaise and a bit of mozzerella cheese. DELICIOUS.

I don't eat beef, but that even sounds nice to me.:o

Bragioli l-Forn (Baked Beef Olives)

8 very thin slices of beef (for 4 persons)

3 hard boiled eggs

8 slices of streaky bacon

4 sausages

Cheddar Cheese (optional)

One red onion

Fresh garlic

Fresh parsley

1 pint of Ale.

Salt and Pepper

1. Chop the eggs, bacon, sausages and cheddar cheese and mix in a bowl.

2. Add salt, pepper and fresh parsley, if no Maltese sausage was found, you may add some Coriander Seeds

3. Open a slice of beef and place approx. 2 tablespoons of mixture towards the edge of the steak

4. Roll the steak and fold (like a Spring Roll)

5. Stick a tooth-pick right through, to hold the fold

6. Preheat oven (half)

7. In a large frying pan heat some oil, and fry the beef olives with some garlic, till blood is slightly drained

8. Prepare a medium sized dish, and place the beef olives side by side in this dish

9. Slice the onion and place in dish

10. Drown half the beef olives in beer and add salt and pepper to taste.

11. Cover with baking foil and put in preheated oven for about 45 mins.

12. Uncover the dish and cook for a further 30 mins.

Just let me know when this will be ready , please......

Thanks for the suggestions, the baked beef olives was just the sort of thing I had in mind but might save that suggestion for another day when I have company. I have some oven roasted veggies that I need to use up so I think I might flash fry some thin strips of beef with red pesto then add the veggies and some pasta. I've had a look in the fridge and there is also a jar of harrisa open which would make a pretty powerful marinade if I wanted to spice things up a bit. No doubt I'll get another couple of idea wandering around Tescos later on.

I love pan fried steaks, filet mignons are the best, i use my cast iron pan on the highest heat it will take, very little oil, scorch on each side for about 30 seconds then finish in the oven in the same pan, you save all the juices and have a tender steak.

I love pan fried steaks, filet mignons are the best, i use my cast iron pan on the highest heat it will take, very little oil, scorch on each side for about 30 seconds then finish in the oven in the same pan, you save all the juices and have a tender steak.

Thats how I do my proper steaks, I usually render down a bit of the fat from the steak and fry it in that before sticking in the oven.

The ones I have at the moment are too thin for that

Frying steak is usually as tough as old boots. Mince them and make burgers.

frying steak ......firstly get your frying pan and heat up some olive oil. brown the onions .chop up a pack of button mushrooms you can slice them or quarter them and chuck them into the frying pan whilst this is all happening get a tenderising hammer and beat dat steak. now depending upon how thin this steak ends up governs the cooking time. if its reduced to 2 or 3 mm then it wont take long. 5 minsa side well done ....reduce accordingly to your taste. Once you have nearly cooked the onions and mush put them in a plate well come back to them get the pan nice and hot throw the steaks in and sizzle for 3 to 5 seconds and quickly turn over and sizzle for same time, turn the heat down ......right down and put a lid on the pan your pretty much steaming the steak now. before all of that you should have got a baking tray put some oven chips, onion rings a beef tomato sliced in half and placed this in the oven the cooking time approx 25 mins. if you got a separate grill. grill the onion rings. i usually do a pepper sauce too ......the meat should be tender ...i hope just before you serve the whole meal chuck the onions and mushrooms back in the frying pan with the steak and turn the heat up and finish em all off if the mush and onions are done before steak put them on top of the steak. and the meal should be tres bien ...haha:hihi::hihi: and all the mods think im a **** im also a good cook:D Burgers? Burgers? are you mad:D

Stick 'em in the fry pan...Chips in the chip Pan.

Sorted!:)

I've just smeared mine with harissa paste so by the time I come to cook it tonight it should be lovely and flavoursome. I'll do some couscous with olives, a mixed salad and have some houmous and pitta on the side.