Bus Lane on Bolsover Street

Has anyone been caught by the newly installed bus lane cameras on Bolsover Street running down towards brook hill roundabout?

It says they are operational and enforcement started on 3rd of September but every morning i still see people using the bus lane as a shortcut when the traffic is backed up past the star and garter.

Yeah I noticed people still using it despite a new sign and camera installed!

I hope they do get caught

They'll soon be onto The Star whinging about how its so unfair and a tax on motorists!

They'll soon be onto The Star whinging about how its so unfair and a tax on motorists!

Beat me to it!:D

Guest busdriver1

well we have noticed the signs so the argument that "I could not see the sign" will not stand up then.

The signs are pretty large and clear but the cameras are quite sneaky, pretty small, black in colour and attached to 2 black lampposts- we struggled to spot them at first.

The signs are pretty large and clear but the cameras are quite sneaky, pretty small, black in colour and attached to 2 black lampposts- we struggled to spot them at first.

Ther's no legal requirement for bus lane cameras to be large or conspicuous. So, there's no intention to be "sneaky" , that's just how small they are. They can be demounted and moved to other locations if desired.

Ther's no legal requirement for bus lane cameras to be large or conspicuous. So, there's no intention to be "sneaky" , that's just how small they are. They can be demounted and moved to other locations if desired.

I'm not saying they are like that in order to catch people out- the large yellow signs should be warning enough but they don't need to be painted bright yellow like speed cameras do they.

I'm not saying they are like that in order to catch people out- the large yellow signs should be warning enough but they don't need to be painted bright yellow like speed cameras do they.

No, they don't need to be high visibility.

The type of cameras used are different to the ones used for speed / red light enforcement. The original type (Hillsborough, Wicker etc) are CCTV cameras, a bit like security cameras, which are observed by operators at a control centre. The new ones are automatic, so are smaller because they don't need pan/tilt mechanisms.