Somebody a bit scary knocking on my door with a menu (S6)

I also had a bad experience with a large bloke hammering and banging on the door. The chain (well one of those latch thingies) was on and he could not enter so he was banging to door open and closed to try to break it.

There was an iron bar near the door so I picked it up and held it in striking position while shouting "you had better be <very naughty word here>ing ready for me pal".

I waited for the door to close before flicking off the latch knowing the force of him opening the door would make him stumble.

He did as I expected but, to my surprise, was wearing a police uniform so I decided not to welt him one.

I popped the bar on the floor and said, "good gracious, a policeman!".

He was after me for drugs offences. Turns out he had the right house but it was a pity he was on the wrong street.

Coppers go very red from time to time. :D

I find that a german shepherd puts most people off much better than a door chain ever did ;)

Time to invest in a door chain cal - Even as a 6'2, grumpy looking fat lad I enjoy the added level of "Sod off - You're not welcome" that it gives.

Not had it down my end of the road ...... Just a very nice chap last night bringing me a large donner :D

excellent advice there ,but remember the chain is only as strong as the screws ,the ones that come with the chain locks are small and of no use,invest in decent long wood screws for added security

i had to force a door for a neighbour last year ,ger daughter had put the chain on and cut her wrists open ,one push and the chain came away.

Not had it down my end of the road ...... Just a very nice chap last night bringing me a large donner :D

Glad you enjoy the sheeps face/nose/private parts /heart/liver and anything they can find to put in the mincer

Please google doner meat to see what really goes into it and why owner never eat it

I find that a german shepherd puts most people off much better than a door chain ever did ;)

*laughs*, surprisingly I've found that a large black Akita does the same

Glad you enjoy the sheeps face/nose/private parts /heart/liver and anything they can find to put in the mincer

Please google doner meat to see what really goes into it and why owner never eat it

What about all of the people who know what goes into it and eat it all the same? What's with the snobbery about not wanting to eat organs of animals which we happily eat steaks and roasts from?

Stay on topic please. If you want to start a thread advising everyone else on their eating habits then please do so, but don't try to derail other threads.

excellent advice there ,but remember the chain is only as strong as the screws ,the ones that come with the chain locks are small and of no use,invest in decent long wood screws for added security

Absolutely. When we moved into our house I took out the piddly wee screws that would'nt stop a sparrow's fart and changed them to some proper beasts.

Thanks to Dumpling for looking out for my health - As I've often observed, it may not be great but at least it's not crack.

if you or anyone is actually worried about this sort of thing you can have an electric door viewer fitted, it has a large screen on the inside and you can press a button to take a digital image of the person in front of the door

Where can you get them from and how much?

Cheers

god this sounds a bit scary. i would consider telling the police, they may be investigating something similar??

*laughs*, surprisingly I've found that a large black Akita does the same

I find a rottie helps particularly ones that sound visicouis

If you do nothing else, ring your local neighbourhood team at the police, but quite honestly, I'd phone 220 2020 if it happened tonight (you won't be the only 'victim' on their list tonight), and give your neighbours a knock and ask them to be vigilant and call the police if they see ANYTHING suspicious in the next couple of weeks

I'd be tempted to rearrange the furniture too, just to confuse anybody who does barge in!