Cookery Classes..

Does anyone know of anywhere that can offer basic cooking classes in or around Sheffield? I do not wish to gain a qualification or anything I simply wish to learn how to cook properly.........All suggestions welcome :)

Reminds me of the first time I cooked a meal, for my Mothers Birthday. Mushy peas on toast saturated with vinegar and topped with chocy buttons. 6yrs old and it's as clear today as it was then. I even served it her in bed. I can't remember the bit where she ate it though..:suspect:

Why not start a local group?

CNF- community north forum, send a booklet out with courses of this sort in. Free if on benefits or a small charge although some courses are free to everyone. Not had a booklet through for a while though

The Milestone at Neepsend would allow folks to spend a day helping in the kitchens and serving meals as part of a cookery skills class. The food that you got to take home was certainly good .

I don't know if they still offer this. I'm going back about 18 months.

Thanks all! Thought I better start being pro-active about this whole cooking business, as im 19 and still don't know how to cook!!

Edited by Jessica91
spelling mistake

Thanks all! Thought I better start being pro-active about this whole cooking business, as im 19 and still don't know how to cook!!

Its a good idea. When I moved in with him 2 years ago I couldn't boil an egg and hubby was getting rather upset about living on takeaways and bar meals. Leaning how to cook is pretty essential to a relationship.

I found this link. They do run courses each month..

http://www.eatsheffield.com/What's_On/2010/10/16/The_Milestone_Cookery_Classes_Dinner_Party_Secrets/

It is just one. They do others about preparing and cooking meat, fish etc etc..

http://www.eatsheffield.com/What's_On/2010/08/21/The_Milestone_Cookery_School_Meat/

Edited by foxy lady

These are monthly sessions that we run in Sharrow for only £2! Each month we teach you the basics of a countries cuisine and you get to eat all of the food that we prepare. They are fun, a great way to meet new people and have been really well attended. We also make sure that there is something for the kids to do if you have children (this week its bread making). Please check out the link below and come along to the old sharrow junior school on Sharrow lane for 6 this thursday. All the food is stuff that is easy to reproduce at home and there are no ingredients that you will struggle to buy in the shop. The sessions are run by a qualified chef with over 12 years experience along with some of the best home cooks in the area.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=154538374578178

Edited by ringotheowl

Enthusiasm, trial and error, a cook book and a large glass of wine are all that it needs!

These are monthly sessions that we run in Sharrow for only £2! Each month we teach you the basics of a countries cuisine and you get to eat all of the food that we prepare. They are fun, a great way to meet new people and have been really well attended. We also make sure that there is something for the kids to do if you have children (this week its bread making). Please check out the link below and come along to the old sharrow junior school on Sharrow lane for 6 this thursday. All the food is stuff that is easy to reproduce at home and there are no ingredients that you will struggle to buy in the shop. The sessions are run by a qualified chef with over 12 years experience along with some of the best home cooks in the area.

Hi,

Could you possibly provide any more information about the cooking at Sharrow please?

There are Online Cookery Classes on youtube, you can learn to cook anything on there!

For anything specific just search, otherwise the link I provided takes you to just classes.

There are Online Cookery Classes on youtube, you can learn to cook anything on there!

For anything specific just search, otherwise the link I provided takes you to just classes.

Even though its 2 yrs old as a fully qualified ex chef i was going to say the same,their are plenty of stuff on you tube to follow.I even only recently found out how chinese take aways/restaurants keep their meat so tender and juicy and that was because i asked at a chinese supermarket and then googled it.

Edited by Total Chaos