Good butcher in Sheffield

I've recently discovered Chris Beech on South Rd, Walkley. Fantastic bacon and sausages.. When the other half is away sometime I intend to try everything else he has to offer.

He is also my butcher, and is very good.

Not quite Sheffield but Clives in Harthill is good. Make all their own pies and sausages etc and roast all their own cooked meats. They will do pretty much anything if you request it if they dont have it.

Yeah that is a really good butchers, i'd recommend there to. :D

I can highly recommend yalls on abbey lane, he smkes his own bacon and his meat is wonderful his aged sirloin is to die for and he makes all his own pies, he makes his own black pudding sausages and we recently tried his pork cheese and leek ones they were superb

enjoy

completely agree. superb place.

Almost all my meat comes from Ryalls on Abbey Lane. Top notch stuff and good banter while you're there. The homemade black pudding will cure the meanest of hangovers along with a few sausages, some home cured bacon and a couple of duck eggs. The beef from Ryalls is some of the best I've had. There were moans of ecstasy when we were eating a rib eye from Ryalls last week. In fact, I've never had a bad piece of meat from Ryalls which has been the downfall of all the other butchers I've tried in Sheffield at some point. Highly recommended!!

There's always Roneys on Sharrowvale Road, excellent sausages from there. Meat in general is quite pricy but good quality.

Up north there's Coppice House Farm Shop on Rivelin Valley Road. I can highly recommend their burgers, one is a meal in itself.

I've recently discovered Chris Beech on South Rd, Walkley. Fantastic bacon and sausages.. When the other half is away sometime I intend to try everything else he has to offer.

I popped in to Chris Beech's yesterday and he told me he's reopening the fruit and veg shop opposite in a few weeks, he seems to be single handedly rejuvenating that bit of South Road.

I popped in to Chris Beech's yesterday and he told me he's reopening the fruit and veg shop opposite in a few weeks, he seems to be single handedly rejuvenating that bit of South Road.

Brilliant news.

My partner is a big meat eater and likes to cook he has been to many butchers throughout sheffield but is totally taken with Chris Beech's place on south road in walkley. This place now feeds our family and all our visitors with lots of praise. He seems like a really knowledgable bloke who takes pride in his produce- so I would say give him a try. :)

Does anyone know a butcher that sells veal please?

Crawshaws are very good, and I usually use them. I've always found Whirlow Hall farm shop to be very good quality and good price as well. Many of the farm shops sell their own (local) meat.

We use both Crawshaws and Whirlow Hall Farm for our meat at Henry's and have had very good feedback on the quality of the meat.

he seems to be single handedly rejuvenating that bit of South Road.

Apologies to Mrs Beech who seems to be working her hands to the bone, I should have said Mr and Mrs Beech seem to be rejuvenating that bit of South Road.

Apologies to Mrs Beech who seems to be working her hands to the bone, I should have said Mr and Mrs Beech seem to be rejuvenating that bit of South Road.

I was in there on Saturday and heard her telling customers that it was a family affair.

BTW did you know that this thread has been used as a testimonial on Chris Beech's website? :thumbsup:

Nice one, and if you are reading this Chris, those Guinness sausages were to die for!!! :D