Best pub for Sunday Lunch in and around Sheffield

Where is the best place to have a Sunday Lunch?

Price range.

How to get there.

Is it self service, ie choose your own veg, etc...

and any other info you care to supply...

Hiya John probably the Crosspool tarvern - ace for families and a fantastic carvery

i've heard the Crosspool tavern is good aswell,never been there myself,as for my pick,try Cubley hall at penistone,its a bit pricey,about £8-£9 a head,and you may have to book for the cavery,but belive me,its very good snap.

can't remember the name of it but it's the last pub on your left as you drive down ecclesall road into town. Opposite Safeway. Not been for a while, but the last time I went it was about £3.75 and it's one of the best sunday lunches I've had.

Also the Riverside pub near the Riverside housing development (just off corporation street)

Never been, but I have been told the Castle Inn on Twentywell Lane is very good, we intended going there but something came up, we shall have another try sometime.

I've always liked the Ridgeway Arms. Nice pub, good atmosphere and loads of food! Yummy!

I'll go with the Crosspool Tavern, been many times for the Carvery and not just on a Sunday, it's available every day and is cheaper midweek. £5 midweek and £7 Sunday (I think).

468 Manchester Road, Crosspool, Sheffield S10

Tel : 0114 266 2113

The Wheatsheaf @ Whirlow.

Although it's now called Toby Carvery... it's on Eccy Road South.

Price.. about £6.50 - £7.50 per head. But worth it, and you can go back for seconds, thirds, fourths...

Mum's house, definitely.

Big portions, loads of lumpy gravy and always apple pie and custard. At least there's always a couch to lay on afterwards for a nap. Zzzzzz burp :blush:

Everyone's welcome too.

The Wheatsheaf @ Whirlow.

Although it's now called Toby Carvery... it's on Eccy Road South.

Price.. about £6.50 - £7.50 per head. But worth it, and you can go back for seconds, thirds, fourths...

Funny how I ended up there today. It is £7.50, self service, so you can choose what you like, but I didn't know you can top up your plate. Not that I could eat any more. Nice meal, no mashed potatoes though :( .

Other than that, excellent. :D

I will try one of the other recommendation another Sunday

New Norfolk Arms

Manchester Rd

Hollow Meadows

there's a pub way up ecclesall rd near the turn for whirlow next to the cricket pitch it's name?........can't remember sorry:blush: