Ringtons Tea Delivery Man

I have a teapot and milk jug from around the forties has lovely pictures of grape vines, made by Melba ware with a ringtons stamp on the base.

Still love the tea ;)

OOO yes smuffin, I do remember my Mum having a Ringtons teapot

Anyone out there know the TRUE story of how Ringtons tea got started I drove for INGRAMS tea in the mid 60s and was told by the owner Ralph INGRAM that Mr Rington used to work for Ingrams but started up on his own taking a lot of Ingrams customers with him I don't quite know what year this took place but I was led to believe it could have been in the late 1800s there was quite a bit of rivalry between the two companies the drivers would get up to all sorts of misdemeanors if we came across each other on our rounds letting tyres down and that sort of thing I believe Ringtone depot was on Peter st Grimesthorpe and Ingrams was on Ecclesall rd in the 60s.

I saw a Ringtons Tea Van delivering to a house near us the other dy. Brought back some memories. Didn`t know they were still around. My Mum used to have Ringtons when I was a girl in the late 50`s

My daughter used to have their tea,but everbody in their house was working so they would leave a packet on the back doorstep with the bill,eventually she stopped them the bill got a bit too much,she paid them up,but had plenty of tea,which she gave me the odd packet now and again it was certainly good tea. I rememer when a was a lot younger they had a warehouse on Ecclesall road and they delivered with a horse and trap type thing,which if you have one of their tea caddies there is a picture of one on it

Don't drink anything else. their coffee is good too I think it's good to try and keep old traditions going it's a pity the old corner shops have gone out of business, remember pierponts fruit shop on attercliffe common and the tripe shop? Banners money and Mum's cheques paid off weekly if they were lucky.

Don't drink anything else. their coffee is good too I think it's good to try and keep old traditions going it's a pity the old corner shops have gone out of business, remember pierponts fruit shop on attercliffe common and the tripe shop? Banners money and Mum's cheques paid off weekly if they were lucky.

Pierpoints fruit shop I do remember,I also did my courting round Attercliffe,ended up marrying a girl from Liverpool St,and remember shopping on the cliff with my then mother in law,Pierpoints was one of her favorite friut and veg, I went to Banners a lot of years ago with my own Mother,with the cheques as you said mainly for Witsontide clothes I also had a brother and sister, Banners was the first time I saw a escalator,memories momories

there was never a mr rington it was started by mr smith & mr tissington they didnt want to call it smiths as it was too common & didnt want tissington so some how got to the name ringtons, both me & my wife used to work for them thats how we know this.

there was never amr ringtone it was started by mr smith & mr tissington they didn't want to call it smiths as it was too common & didn't want tissington so some how got to the name ringtones, both me & my wife used to work for them that's how we know this.

Hi mickey mouse

Thanks for that info like I said in my post I was led to believe that a Mr Ringtone had previously worked for INGRAMS and then started up on his own I have not been able to track any one down who actually worked with myself at Ingrams in the 60s to try and confirm what we were told :huh: .

My family has always been a ringtons tea family my gran always had it so does my mum and so do i now have ringtons . Like one lady said her daughter used to get it and her bill got big that so to happened to my mum as well were always out when they called but mum would pay it at the end of the month . Will on the day 13 years ago a young cheeky tea man knocked on the door just as i was about to leave for work and said that we owed so i paid my mums bill and left her a note till her i had paid it and that she now owed me the money . I locked the door and set on my way to work at the local pub as i walked up the road the tea man was still on his round and stopped and asked for my number well as i said that was 13 years ago now and im still with my ringtons tea man :love: he does not work for them now left them to do pc repairs . But if it wasnt for ringtons i wouldnt have met my lovely hubby and have 4 wonderful daughters .