Dial house working men's club

My auntie and uncle used to go regularly, Barbara and Jack Bell.

Does anyone have any memories of the dial house.

Sunday afternoon strippers :thumbsup:

My mum and her mates went every Friday night and met the bloke who was to become my step-dad there. So I don't have any personal memories but I do remember mum going to the hairdressers on Friday afternoons and coming home all back combed and bee hived before her Friday night out.

Take a look at these:

Many thanks for those fascinating clips. My main memeories of the club revolve around the great nights we had as Redgates junior Sunday league presentations, usually with The Discoes in attendance and teh place would be packed.

I started working at the Dial when I was 15 years old as a bottle collector back in 1971. Stan was in charge of us and Keith Ripley was the steward.

I was there in the late 80's when the Bay City Rollers did a comeback concert there and the place got smashed up!!! Poor Derek was trying to do the bingo before they came on and everybody was shouting house after every number.

Take a look at these:

In the 3rd film it is my cousin and his wife that are shown winning the bingo.

I spent many an happy day in the Dial and lived very close by.

When they extended the stage in 1966 I used some of the old bricks to make a garden path at my parents home.

I started working at the Dial when I was 15 years old as a bottle collector back in 1971. Stan was in charge of us and Keith Ripley was the steward.

we took over from keith as steward and I think the Stan you are talking about was stan Matthews

Hello, just to let you know that the 1965 film about the Dial House Club "A Working Men's Club in Sheffield" will be screening once more at the Showroom on Sunday, 3 NOvember at 3pm. This time the director Peter Nestler, who was unable to come last year, will be there for a Q & A. This is his first time since 1965 that he is backk in Sheffield. He might find it quite changed!

http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/peternestler

Committee people i remember the late Mick Ellis and there was a Ken Bell.

Yes l remember mick ellis also hls brother in law george bower verry nice men mick was also a good compare had some good times with them all