Bents green school memories

my mom went to bents green open air school when she was about 12 think it would be about 1934 she was there because she was a sickly child . must have done her some good as she will be 90 next month

Does anyone remember Neil Robertson of bents green school Sheffield . He was there in the late 60,s to the mid 70,s.

Edited by starchaser
NEEDED TO FINNISH PROPERLEY

my mom went to bents green open air school when she was about 12 think it would be about 1934 she was there because she was a sickly child . must have done her some good as she will be 90 next month

Bents Green was so far out into the beautiful countryside and fresh air, that the children benefited greatly from being away from the smog and pollution of the city. A lot of "delicate" children went there in its early years.

i went to Bents Green school or Bents Green Open Air School as knew it. I went around 1947/48. I seem to remember teacher called Miss Inch. We had to have a sleep in the afternoon, we slept on strechers which was stacked in the flat roof class rooms. Some where in early summer, we had an open day where parents came and we put on a display, while I was there I took part in a Maypole dance. alfred rd

Alfred rd you must have been there around the time my mum went.She was sent there as she was a delicate child but often talks of the afternoon naps on the strechers in the open air.she is 73yrs old now..

I attended Bents Green Open Air School, as it was then known, between 1960and 1966. I was both a resident and a daily attender at different times. My memories are of many happy times, a very easy going lifestyle, plenty of fresh air, long walks to Forge Dam and the Round house. I never quite made it there before the return journey, due to my slow pace of walking, Teachers of the time were Mr Bailey, Mr Vardy, Mrs Jones, Mr Orgill, Miss Jubb, Miss Dodd, and Mr Slater who was a teacher for the partially sighted children. My one regret is that I didnt get as good an education as I could have in a normal school, but I later studied and trained in catering, brought up my family, ran a sewing business for over 20 years, and finally retrained as a pre school keyworker untill finally retiring recently. So after some consideration I think Bents Green worked for me! :)

I attended Bents Green Open Air School, as it was then known, between 1960and 1966. I was both a resident and a daily attender at different times. My memories are of many happy times, a very easy going lifestyle, plenty of fresh air, long walks to Forge Dam and the Round house. I never quite made it there before the return journey, due to my slow pace of walking, Teachers of the time were Mr Bailey, Mr Vardy, Mrs Jones, Mr Orgill, Miss Jubb, Miss Dodd, and Mr Slater who was a teacher for the partially sighted children. My one regret is that I didnt get as good an education as I could have in a normal school, but I later studied and trained in catering, brought up my family, ran a sewing business for over 20 years, and finally retrained as a pre school keyworker untill finally retiring recently. So after some consideration I think Bents Green worked for me! :)

Does anyone remember Neil Robertson of bents green school Sheffield . He was there in the late 60,s to the mid 70,s.

I definitely remember the name but bringing faces to mind is difficult now! We could do with some old photos of the people that are regularly mentioned, that would be interesting!

Did you know that the newly-built Bents Green School has an open day Tuesday 16th. June 11:00-3:00.

Did you know that the newly-built Bents Green School has an open day Tuesday 16th. June 11:00-3:00.

I did'nt but doubt if I can make it at short notice, really need to sort another reunion before the summers out.

I was one of the green keepers and gardeners there and Maude Maxfield school with my mate Tom Broughton late 70s time, the weather was absolutely boiling summer 1976 time, there was a big storm one day and big bolt of lightning struck the cricket pitch there was this big bald patch that nothing would grow there for years we used to go to silverdale school and cut the grass as well if I remember right the Headmaster there was called Bill Baily.

I was one of the green keepers and gardeners there and Maude Maxfield school with my mate Tom Broughton late 70s time, the weather was absolutely boiling summer 1976 time, there was a big storm one day and big bolt of lightning struck the cricket pitch there was this big bald patch that nothing would grow there for years we used to go to silverdale school and cut the grass as well if I remember right the Headmaster there was called Bill Baily.

Bill Bailey was head at Bents Green School.

That would be interesting to see the old place after these years don,t you think.