Help with care assistant interview

This is not the Chris I think it is? admin??

Nah. I don't really work in this industry. :)

Thanks for your replies everyone, I have done care work before but it was 14 years ago so wondering if the interview process had changed much. And no best sheff a photo of 2pac doesnt make you think of a carer :hihi:

I've interviewed for these type of jobs and as a qualified nurse I need to be sure that

1- you understand the limit of your capabilities and refer problems to senior staff. Sometimes a new perspective on a situation can save trauma on both sides.

2- you want to preserve the dignity of the people you care for. Many people are uncomfortable being given personal care by someone of the opposite sex. How would you deal with this if no-one else was available? Compromise...a quick wash today and someone they feel happy with doing a full wash tomorrow.

3- you have the strength of character to 'whistle-blow' if you see bad practice.

4- you have (or will quickly learn) the ability to prioritise your work load

5- after your induction period you will be able to work with minimal supervision

6- you are willing to undertake training and willing to pass your knowledge on to other staff.

I've given jobs to many people without any experience (we all have to start somewhere!)

and they have all turned out to be fantastic workers. They all brought something to the job that benefitted us all -e.g: an ex pharmacy worker who is a source of knowledge on routine medications.

Good luck...let us know how you get on!

Would I would say is that employers are not bothered about you, they don't care what you want or what you like; that's just to judge your character. What they really want to know is what you can do for them and how much money you can generate for them.