Indian groceries shop in Sheffield

hi all,

i am new to sheffield and i need some help....im in search of indian groceries shop in sheffield city centre...does anyone know abt any indian shops in or around city centre...

Ihere are a couple of stalls in the market that call themselves "continental" stalls, which sell spices and other stuff like mooli etc.

I think you may have to have a wander along London Road/Abbeydale road, near the Picture Palace for these, or up spital hill in Burngreave. (you'll probably also fnd these shops in darnall)

Try London Road, Abbeydale Road." Shars" (i think that is what they call it).

Try London Road, Abbeydale Road." Shars" (i think that is what they call it).

that would be "Shahs", directly beside the Picture-palace.

Depends what you need. If you want more variety, just take a trip to Leicester and get everything in one go.

I buy things like rice (Kohinoor) and mostly use whatever veg I can get in Tescos. Everything else, lentils, spices and chappati flour, I stock up when I visit my parents who shop in Kingsbury in London and buy 5-10kg of everything.

I have to admit, the section in Tesco gets bigger every time I go there, they even have some frozen veg like bhindi and ghuvar (Taj) which I have in my freezer for back-up veg.

There's some good ones up London Road. There's one which is like a sort of open-fronted warehouse, in an old building up grimethorpe or Firth Park or Wincobank or somewhere that part of town, up above Brightside sort of area. They sell stuff in bulk. Really good place.

Depends what you need. If you want more variety, just take a trip to Leicester and get everything in one go.

I buy things like rice (Kohinoor) and mostly use whatever veg I can get in Tescos. Everything else, lentils, spices and chappati flour, I stock up when I visit my parents who shop in Kingsbury in London and buy 5-10kg of everything.

I have to admit, the section in Tesco gets bigger every time I go there, they even have some frozen veg like bhindi and ghuvar (Taj) which I have in my freezer for back-up veg.

Bradford's only an hour away. Tons of asian supermarkets (mainly pakistani). Pakeezah on Leeds Rd sell everything you might wish for, and are cheap! Actually, I think one of them is opening a Sheffield outlet soon.

http://www.pakeezah.com/

thnks for the replies!!! i shall try these shops during the weekend !!!

There are quite a few in Fir Vale and Page Hall.

Tesco are the Evil Empire. They're now concentrating their efforts on ethnic shops and have Indo-Pakistani and Polish sections.

Don't let them take over everything and support your local shops. I always used Shah's on Abbeydale Road for my Indian cookery supplies. They have an amazing range and are cheap too. They've been there forever, well at least back to the 70's

One of my favourite Sheffield shops :thumbsup:

hi all,,

i searched for quite a few shops before posting this thread... and i finally ordered from itadka.com and got the groceries delivered to my home... need to try the shops mentioned in this thread this weekend...hope i find things cheaper then what i have ordered....