Car parked on my drive!

Is it not illegal to block a car IN a driveway? I know it's apparently ok to obstruct an empty drive. Perhaps instead you could leave a little note on the windscreen? I did this once when a car parked in my husband allocated parking space and it never happened again.

Splitting hairs here, if it is their own drive and they can't get access then what? bit like me standing in front of your front door not letting you in your house, who you gonna call? (DON'T SAY GHOSTBUSTERS)

I'd be tempted to wee on the car (an maybe rub a little bit of poo under the door handle).

jb

:hihi::hihi::hihi: damn right!! the cheeky mare needs to know its not on!!

though yeah it could be a stolen vehicle and been parked there not to look too suspicious before they manage to get away?! :)

I'd be tempted to wee on the car (an maybe rub a little bit of poo under the door handle).

jb

Coming from someone who disagrees with the actions of private parking companies.

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

To the OP, as has been pointed out in other parking threads, there aint nothing you can do about people parking on private property unfortunately. This isn't a lone circumstance either, there are posters on this forum who openly encourage parking on private property.

Also your neighbour is committing an offence by blocking the car in.

the driveway is part of the owners property so there for the person who has parked there car on the driveway is effectively trespassing/illegally parking there car and you can get dvla to remove the car and the tow company will come out and tow the car away and leave a note on the driveway entrance or with the homeowner

had to have this done my self when someone drove into my yard and parked in front of my house and garage use the 101 service or 2202202 service

the driveway is part of the owners property so there for the person who has parked there car on the driveway is effectively trespassing/illegally parking there car and you can get dvla to remove the car and the tow company will come out and tow the car away and leave a note on the driveway entrance or with the homeowner

had to have this done my self when someone drove into my yard and parked in front of my house and garage use the 101 service or 2202202 service

I very much doubt you could legally do this, and i'm pretty sure the DVLA would just tell you to sod off.

You totally epitomise what is wrong with the country, should you not be asking why has the driver chose to park on somebody else’s drive. I just think it is bang out of order and I would block them in too

Spot on Kermit.

I know people such as Squiggs and Nightflight exist, but that doesn't stop me being astounded at their complete lack of sense and overactive P.C. glands!

So someone can park a car an someone else's DRIVEWAY and the person who owns the drive is seen as the wrongdoer????????

What if the car is a stolen car - would the Police not be interested then?

Whether it's stolen or not, I cannot see any PC worth his/her weight not attempting to help the driveway owner in some way.

What would you do if the scenario applied to you Squiggs/Nightflight? Suppose you'd leave the car there indefinitely or make the car owner a cup of tea when he/she returns and see them off with a cheery wave and a "come back soon and park your car here anytime you feel like inconveniencing me"

I really do despair that there are individuals on this planet like you two.

I'm sure there are other planets somewhere in the solar system that you could eventually inhabit where the sky is pink and fluffy clouds float over people living perfect lives.

Get real:loopy:

I don't see where i've condoned this drive stealing behaviour?

I agree that it is out of order, however, I don't agree that the chosen course of action is the right one in this circumstance.

1. As has been confirmed by subsequent posters, blocking somebody IN is an offence. as opposed to be blocked OUT

2. By blocking them in the OP is going to

i) probably anger the person who has used the drive. Chances are if they're rude enough to use a random person's drive, then they're probably not the kind of person who is particularly apologetic and courteous.

ii) require the probably angered drive blocker to seek out the angered OP

iii) deliberately provoke a confrontation which will, in the best case, result in the drive blocker vacating the drive never to be seen again.

as opposed to not rising to the bait, parking on the verge for a bit, letting the drive blocker freely vacate the drive never to be seen again.

If deliberately avoiding a confrontation which will achieve, in the best case, as result identical to the one achieved by the non-confrontational approach totally epitomises what is wrong with this country, then I really do dispair.

What a load of rubbish spewing out here.......

I'm not saying i'd like it though, i'm saying I've got better things to do than to get wound up and get into confrontations with the type of moron who thinks it's acceptable to park on someone else's drive.

I'd rather get on with my evening and when I notice the drive is clear go park my car back on it, if I notice the owner coming back for it whilst doing the dishes or something I might pop my head out the door and say something like "don't do it again mate" and leave it at that.

What do I want? my drive clear so i can park on it

what's the quickest and least stressful way to achieve that? don't block them in, and park back on it when they've gone.

I think it says a lot about the attitude of society today when people are so willing to make their life more difficult just to get one up on the other person.

Splitting hairs here, if it is their own drive and they can't get access then what? bit like me standing in front of your front door not letting you in your house, who you gonna call? (DON'T SAY GHOSTBUSTERS)

I'm speaking purely about the legal aspect. I've been led to believe it's illegal to obstruct access to the road from a car already on the drive, but that it is perfectly legal (albeit completely out of order) to block an empty drive.

Personally I would be fuming, but was trying to be constructive.

I'd also block the car in. Something doesn't seem right in leaving a strange car on a private drive, so I'd stop it going anywhere and let the police sort it. It may be innocent enough, but the odds are that it isn't.

On Xmas Eve a couple of years ago I found a lovely mountain bike by my dustbins. I quickly took it in (thinking it was too nice to leave out) and subsequently found its a common trick for someone to steal an item and then leave it somewhere secluded for them or an accomplice to come back and get later.

Spot on Kermit.

I know people such as Squiggs and Nightflight exist, but that doesn't stop me being astounded at their complete lack of sense and overactive P.C. glands!

So someone can park a car an someone else's DRIVEWAY and the person who owns the drive is seen as the wrongdoer????????

What if the car is a stolen car - would the Police not be interested then?

Whether it's stolen or not, I cannot see any PC worth his/her weight not attempting to help the driveway owner in some way.

What would you do if the scenario applied to you Squiggs/Nightflight? Suppose you'd leave the car there indefinitely or make the car owner a cup of tea when he/she returns and see them off with a cheery wave and a "come back soon and park your car here anytime you feel like inconveniencing me"

I really do despair that there are individuals on this planet like you two.

I'm sure there are other planets somewhere in the solar system that you could eventually inhabit where the sky is pink and fluffy clouds float over people living perfect lives.

Get real:loopy:

Absolutly 100% spot on.

I'm not saying i'd like it though, i'm saying I've got better things to do than to get wound up and get into confrontations with the type of moron who thinks it's acceptable to park on someone else's drive.

I'd rather get on with my evening and when I notice the drive is clear go park my car back on it, if I notice the owner coming back for it whilst doing the dishes or something I might pop my head out the door and say something like "don't do it again mate" and leave it at that.

What do I want? my drive clear so i can park on it

what's the quickest and least stressful way to achieve that? don't block them in, and park back on it when they've gone.

I think it says a lot about the attitude of society today when people are so willing to make their life more difficult just to get one up on the other person.

Ive got to take my hat off to you,i honestly do admire your laid back attitude,personally i would want to rip there head off.