Morrisons,Ecclesfield cash machine "warning"

I asked at the bank about this card thing going on , and they stated where you can please use cash machine inside the banks or inside shops etc it seems its a on-going thing across sheffield

a pcso today told us to have a good look at any cash machine we use and cover our pin as a cash machine in stocksbridge was found with a card reader and camera on it. dont know where tho.

i will go to a bank from now on....

and check my account online

I never use the machines these days I go in my local agency and draw cash over the counter.

I agree, use ATMS inside banks as would be a great risk to a thief to install a skimmer on an internal ATM as they will be on camera. Use cashback at supermarkets as well.

Just wondering why did you only get some of it back ?

because it was my debit card that was cloned, anything that has been spent is sat in some mysterious "maestro account" somewhere, waiting for the retailer to claim the cash. when they can't claim it as my card details have now been cancelled etc, it automatically bounces back into my account. it can be anywhere between 1-3 weeks for this to happen.

this is the explanation from someone at the bank, wether i'm being spun one , i don't know.

This happened to my OH's aunty. She was telling me, that the bank had cancelled her card as her card had been scammed, so when she needed money she had to go to her branch to get it out and not just the cash machine. Think these people have been watching too much Real Hustle. Knowing how to scam bank cards like that. What happened to the days when Ecclesfield was a nice safe crime-free area. Seems like it is just crime central these days. It was the HSBC cash machine she had used as well.

What happened to the days when Ecclesfield was a nice safe crime-free area. Seems like it is just crime central these days.

To be honest this type of crime doesn't really indicate an area of high crime. The people who install the devices just pick ATMs that are suitable (location, CCTV etc) . Usually in areas where there are likely to be wealthy people using the ATM so there is more money to steal. Not quite sure the last bit applies to Ecclesfield though!

One of my colleagues was only saying to me yesterday that he has had some unusual activity on his bank account, he'd assumed it was his wife, but it was not.

My friends work colleague had about £200 taken out of his a few weeeks back...He only used the card to buy things from Game online nothing else as it was his 2nd card...everything being spent in London...Maybe we should nuke it, seeing as all we will lose is the scum that keep doing this and politicians...nothing we wont miss :hihi:

My wife was done in the city centre a couple of weeks ago for 300 quid ,the bank couldn't do enough for her. Nat-West first class

I was done again at a Morrisons oh which I believe a Morrisons but this time Hillsborough, but im not sure exactly, aparently a load of these have gone on in Sheffield over the last few weeks, I called my credit card company who told me to report it and they are doing naff all at the minute as it happened near to my home, they also more or less told me they will do what they can however not to get my hopes up, the conversation was pretty much pay the minimum payment and keep doing so but report it then we look like we have done our job

You don't always get the cash back, I didn't, thanks to Barclays :mad:, someone stole about £1000 of my sons DLA money from my account, and Barclays claimed it was impossible for it to happen. The money was withdrawn at cash machines I never use (the ones in petrol stations that charge £1.75 or whatever for withdrawals) at times when I wouldn't be out of the house (10.30, 11pm, when my children were in bed).

They made me feel like a fool and a thief trying it on, and refused to believe me. I keep meaning to change bank accounts now, might try nat west!