Morrisons,Ecclesfield cash machine "warning"

Just found my HSBC account has been "cleaned out" :mad:

The only place I ever use the HSBC card (now cancelled) was the atm at morrisons at Ecclesfield (the 3 side by sides),

Obviously its been reported to the fraud office and Ive been told "it'l be alright",but Ive not felt as sick in years :(

The scum have taken everything Ive saved over the last 5 years (from ATM''s down south) and Im clinging to the hope I'l get it back,

Its the first time this has happened to me,but its obviously been happening for a while around the city,

Just be carefull,and keep an eye on your bank ballance,

JJ..

The only place I ever use the HSBC card (now cancelled) was the atm at morrisons at Ecclesfield (the 3 side by sides),

Obviously its been reported to the fraud office and Ive been told "it'l be alright",but Ive not felt as sick in years :(

The scum have taken everything Ive saved over the last 5 years (from ATM''s down south) and Im clinging to the hope I'l get it back,

Its the first time this has happened to me,but its obviously been happening for a while around the city,

JJ..

Thanks for the "head's up", JJ, and hopefully you'll be protected in some shape or form as the withdrawals were made so far away.

Are you able to give us an idea of roughly when your account details were stolen?

There must be a spate of this in Sheffield this week. Mine was cleaned out last wednesday, got some of it back today, but not all of it.

It went during the first part of this month,but I only just checked the account today,

JJ..

Edited by SV500

Same happened to me with HSBC, i don't know where they got my card number from but £2500 was cleared out on a mobile phone website.

I was treated like a thief by HSBC but got my money back after about 2wks.

JJ..

The bank will just give you your money back - that's why the people who do it say it's a victimless crime - trouble is it puts you at an inconvienience whilst the bank close your account for a few days in order to investigate, and you often have to change your account number so have to wait for a new card!!! What I don't get is how you only use your account at one cash point???

I think my card details were nicked from a petrol station in london, i never found out for sure though.

I think my card details were nicked from a petrol station in london, i never found out for sure though.

I lost mine in Manchester in 1993 - t'was a curry house that took most (but not all) of my cash - I was a student, and I think they underestimated how much cash I had (I worked 3 jobs) so only went for £300! Still a pain waiting for investigation and getting a new card!!!

Il get a new card in a few days,but as said its the inconvinience of having no money,

I always cover the pad when I put in the code,and never use the atm unless someone is with me,but I still got done :rolleyes:

Don't think Il be using morrisons atm's again,

JJ..

Il get a new card in a few days,but as said its the inconvinience of having no money,

I always cover the pad when I put in the code,and never use the atm unless someone is with me,but I still got done :rolleyes:

Don't think Il be using morrisons atm's again,

JJ..

I never ever use a cash machine unless its inside the bank branch even then I cover the pad when I key in numbers I usually get cash back at the supermarket.

I always use the same little garage for my petrol.

There must be a spate of this in Sheffield this week. Mine was cleaned out last wednesday, got some of it back today, but not all of it.

Just wondering why did you only get some of it back ?